Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah county jig making party.
TubeDude has graciously agreed to come down to Utah county and teach another jig making class. Anyone interested in attending is welcome to come see how it is done. TubeDude will cover:
[size 1][#0000ff]First class will be a complete overview...pouring, prepping, painting, glittering, etc. This should give folks an idea of what it's all about. After the first session we will focus on specific parts of jig making, for those who are serious.[/#0000ff] [/size]

Not sure you want to make your own jigs or not? This would be a great class to find out more and ask questions.

Class will be Sept. 11 at 6:30-8:30 at my house in Orem. P.M. me for address if you would like to attend. You might also want to bring a chair.
[signature]
[size 1]we will also be planning a class in ogden the first part of october if anyone is intrested, pm me [/size]
[signature]
Take some good pictures for me I will be in Pismo Beach doin a little resten, a little fishen and a little drinken...
[signature]
I'll be there.
[signature]
You think you know the way or did you burn your directions after tuesdays sleep in?[Tongue]
[signature]
There is still room for a couple more people if anyone else is interested.
[signature]
Is the jig party still on?
[signature]
Yes.
[signature]
I wish I could join you guys tonight. Need to work late to help out with the elections.
[cool][#0000ff]I think we had a nice little introductory session last night. Good to see a couple of new faces. Also good to see my old friend Matt (Therapist) again for the first time in about 24 years. Man, he has gained weight and his hair is much greyer. Me too. That can happen. Just turn around and two decades later Mama Nature messes with ya.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good group and great cookies.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As I mentioned last night, any future sessions are likely to be more on an individual basis...unless somebody wants to put together a group on "advanced" stuff...like working with wire, exotic jigs, fancy painting or glittering...or whatever. If anyone gets serious about wanting to get the basic stuff and start pouring their own, I will be happy to guide them through the process.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As promised, I am attaching a copy of the one page writeup I put together on Jig Making Info. It includes a list of some of the other writeups on specific aspects of the game, plus a brief list of some of the sources of supply.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are two sources I did not list on there, and do not have room to add it to the one pager.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.rusticescentuals.com/glitter.html"]RUSTIC ESCENTUALS[/url] ...for the fancy glitters I use for special highlights. The "Disco Yellow" is what gives many of my jigs their special effects.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][url "http://www.lurecraft.com/"]http://www.lurecraft.com/[/url] also has some great glitters. They are a bit pricer on some items but very competitive on others.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks again for coming down and sharing with everyone Pat. Was nice to meet a few more members of the board.

My wife really enjoyed the class and says you can have as many class you like in it. She was just happy to have it finally cleaned up some.[Tongue]
[signature]
[#0000ff]Tell your wife that getting the garage clean is a personal issue and don't Saddle me with all that responsibility.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Was good to have her as part of our session. I was pleasantly surprised that she seemed so interested in jig making. Maybe you, she and your Bro can team up to start turning out some bodacious creations.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know when you are ready for a more detailed session on painting and glittering.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I envy you guys and gals. While I've been making my own jigs for several years, hanging around with somebody like TD would surely challenge me to learn more.

z~
[signature]
Sorry that I had to run in and out so fast last night, had clients. TD was surprised that I had gained so much weight, man, he missed seeing the extra 50lbs that I have lost in the last few years.

It was good to see everyone there and know that somebody is going to carryon in the future.

Thanks to TD for posting the site for some of his sources for glitter and stuff. I need to check out your special tools for altering jig conformation.
[signature]
Might not be too long. Little bro was out looking at jig molds tonight.

I was a little surprised how much she enjoyed the class too. With her talent to paint things my jigs would definitely have a better chance of looking right if she helped.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey ol' buddy, it really was good seeing you again. Don't take the weight comment too personally. I have had my own battle with extra pounds over the years.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]As someone who has a few years of experience in jig making, you obviously recognize the possibilities of "customizing" the jig molds (and standard jigs) to create specialty lures. I can tell you that some of the modifications produce lures that really produce fish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You should try to come visit my tackletorium some day. It would be a lot easier to do a complete "show and tell" than to try to remember all the stuff to pack up for an on the road demo.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But, if someone in Utah County wants to host a followup session, for some more advanced stuff, I would be glad to include that kind of thing in the program. No biggie.[/#0000ff]
[signature]