Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry this Friday
Ok, so events this past couple of years (marriage, moving, new baby 5 weeks ago, etc) have drawn me far away from the amount of fishing my ID on here would indicate. Anyway, I haven't had my boat out since last July. We are planning on finally hitting the berry this friday.

The boat had several problems last july, so we didn't get far from the marina (main engine would bog down and die when you punched it, but we think we narrowed it down to bad gas and gummed carb).

Anyway, hoping that this is fixed and we can get around on the lake, can anyone give me some pointers on how / where to finally get into something? From reading the posts on the board, it appears jigging is the method of choice right now. Unfortunately the only experience I have with this is ice fishing and a little bit at night from the boat well after dark when the water is calm and I have a glow in the dark jig.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone else is going up that knows any good areas, we would love to hook up (no pun intended).

However, if the boat still isn't running well we will probably end up putting around the marina area with the trolling motor hoping we luck into something.
[signature]
I FISHED SUNDAY BEFORE LAST. USED ICE FISHING SET UPS. GOLD CASTMASTER WITH A SMALL LITLE TUFF GUY JIG TIPPED WITH MEAL WORMS. VERTICAL JIGGED 1 TO 3 INCHES OFF BOTTOM IN 29 FT ON WIND SWEPT POINT BACK IN THE NARROW. BOATED 12 FISH FROM 5 TO 7 PM. 1 UNDER SLOT. SOME BIG FISH HOLDING BACK IN THERE. SON CAUGHT A FOOTBALL RAINBOW AS WELL. PM ME IF YA WANT THE LOCATION.
[signature]
I plan on fishing it Thursday and I should be posting a report that evening.
[signature]
HI CROSSINEYES I BUTTED IN ON YOUR CONVERSATION, BUT WE ARE GOING UP TO STRAWBERRY ALSO THIS WEEKEND AND I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW WHERE IN THE NARROWS THESE BIG LUNKERS ARE HIDING, I DONT HAVE A GPS AND DONT KNOW HOW TO USE ONE EITHER BUT LANDMARKS WORK WELL FOR ME. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED, WE USUALLY TROLL AND DO VERY WELL(MOSTLY SLOT) BUT AM READY FOR SOME JIGGING ON MY LIGHTER POLES. WOULD REALLY LIKE TO CATCH OUR LIMIT(OVER SLOT) TO TAKE BACK TO CAMP FOR DINNER. THANKS AGAIN OR YOU COULD JUST FILL ME FULL OF BS SINCE I JUMPED IN ON YOUR OFFER FOR ADVISE. ANY COLOR OF JIG WORKING OR ONE SPECIFIC COLOR. I DO HAVE A FISHFINDER. NOT TOTALLY CAVEWOMAN. LOL
[signature]