Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Care of your tube.....
I was looking for some ideas and went in NRS for what they have that I might use.
Reading about glueing and at the end of it had a note saying:
Note: Year round use of [url "http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=1904"]303 Protectant[/url] is recommended between uses, and before storage of your inflatable.
I used that on my outer of the canoe, it colors the canoe nice but makes it pretty slippery on the gunnels. But I don't know about putting that on the tube..... Do u?
[signature]
The best way to preserve your float tube is to use it daily. Twice daily if you must! lol

I personally would be leary of anything that would leave an oily residue. Obviously that residue could penetrate and react with the bladder.

PVC, vinyl and neoprene bladders will all react differently to the chemical substances.

When you are done for the season, simply rinse and dry your tube before storing. Deflate it as much as you can and store it as flat as you can in an environmentaly sound area of your home.

I left room in these instructions for more information to be added.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I have never used the 303, but some folks swear by it. But then, some folks think marriage is a good idea too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]All of the materials in your float tubes are basically tough enough to provide many years of service without a lot of maintenance. If you keep them clean, inflate them correctly and store them properly in the winter, they wil keep on keepin' on. Your old Fishmaster is a testament to that.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I use it all the time and swear by it. My crafts look NEW even being over 9 yrs old. It is not Armoural! You spray it on and let it sit for a minute them wipe it off. It is a UV protector and keeps the color and softness of the tube. No residue slick at all!
I will say my tube/toon have PVC outter, not cloth, but I used it on the H3 so ask Petty4life if he noticed anything.
It does soak it and dry.

I recommend it all the way. Like I said it is NOT ARMOURAL!
[signature]
[size 1][#0000ff]Your old Fishmaster is a testament to that.[/#0000ff] [/size]
[size 1]I still love this old boy, I don't think I'm gonna let it go![Smile][/size]
[signature]
I always clean the canoe out good before I hang it up even if I'm going to take it out again next week. My son thinks I'm being too picky but I kinda don't like it being dirty and think if it sticks on too long I'm guessing it wouldn't come off too easy....
I do the same with the tubes every outings.
I was just wondering about the 303 as everyone says to stay away from those big air comp. as it might have some oils in there that would hurt the air bladers. ( I got that hand pump thing and wow it works great )
[signature]
The back of the bottle states:
Enviromentally safe, it is non toxic and non flammable.
Developed for aerospace and aviation applications. UV screening that restores & maintains a like-new appearance, texture and color.
Non oily repels dust, soiling & staining. Apply and wipe off every 3 to 5 weeks for max UV protection.
I buy it by the gallon.
[signature]
Yes I have the bottle. Wanted to be sure because I said I used the air comp. to fill up the tubes and everyone felt it might have oils in there that would hurt the tubings....
My comp. says oil less.....but to play it safe. I got that hand pump that u said at Wal-Mart and it works real nice and easy! Thank you for telling me where to get it.
[signature]
I think I would get a little nervous about oil going INTO my tube. Never thought of that, but I have never tried a compressor. Guess that is another good reason I won't.
[signature]
Nothing beats the good 'ol double-action air pump. [Wink]
[signature]