Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation Sunday (Look mom, Twins)
We hit the water at about 7:00. Headed straight to Knight Hollow. I had to do some wiring repair to get everything hooked up with the second battery I bought for the depth finder. The surface temp was 37.4 at about 7:45 when I got the finder up and running. The wind blew until about 11:00-11:30 and then settled down to a nice spring breeze. We anchored up in 11' of water and fished from 8:00 until 10:30 with only one bite that I promptly missed. We moved over into the channel at 25.5' deep and were marking a few fish. I managed to get a hook into the next biter, but lost him on the way to the boat. I forgot the lesson of checking the line after every fish, and broke off the next one setting the hook. My buddy had missed three hook sets in this time. He finally made contact and brought in a nice 19" male Brown. The bite stopped, but we kept fishing. We moved around fishing anything that resembled a fish on the Garmin. I fell asleep at about 3:30 Woke up at 4:00 and we decided to leave. I picked up my pole to reel it in and had a 19" female Brown. The surface was 42.7 when we left. Everyone I talked to said "No Walleye yet, but soon." We were fishing black or chartreuse 1/8oz. heads on 3" white inside chartreuse body Mister Twister Walleye grubs, tipped with a worm. Both fish were at 24' deep. Sorry about the pic, it is from my little 8x meade bino digital and taken by my girlfriend. This is the best of three, I didn't even have a head in the first one.

[url "http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/CURT6897/PageAlbumCurtisfishPageNumber2Pic14Fullview.htm"][Image: CURT6897CustomImage0239654.jpg][/url]
[signature]
I forgot to add this in.

Two 19" German Browns Filleted

GiGi Anne's Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil

Rocky Madison's Fish Crisp (Cajun) First time I've tried this. YUMMY!!!
Fry fish in minimal oil, not deep fry.

Girlfriend's recipe of homemade cajun ham fried rice

French cut green beans with butter and lemon.

Beverage of choice (St. Chapelle, Soft Chenin Blanc for me)

Wow! What a meal! Is it lunch time yet???
[signature]
Nice report. Congrats on the successful day. Your description of the meal was quite graphic. Now I'll have to take an early lunch (LOL). Thanks again for the good report.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Congrats to me??? I've got to get over there and do a little Bassin' with you! I've got a lot of gear, but not much practice or knowledge on LMBass. Congrats to you! Getting out of work to fish....that's success! See you on the pond.
[signature]