Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Fleet Yesterday
The fish gods were calling my name yesterday, so I bailed from work and went fishing mid day. My friend and I went to Red Fleet near Vernal and primarily chased bucketmouths. Surface temp was 48 degrees, which I thought was high this soon after ice out. We tried a variety of lures, but 3 inch grubs in crayfish colors produced for me, and my buddy got a nice one on a Shad Rap in black and silver (first picture). The bass were very shallow and hitting light. I farmed a half dozen bass (my bad). Total for the day was four largemouths and one rainbow trout. The bass were 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 pounds and the rainbow was about 13 inches. Beautiful day out there yesterday, and the memory of it has made today quite nice also.

Good Fishing, Kayote

[Image: l34025.jpg]

One more..........

[Image: l34026.jpg]
[signature]
Nice report and great fish.[Smile]I had a feeling that we should of hit Red fleet Sunday instead of Steinaker.[Sad]Was there still some ice or was it all gone.Has the lake gone up much since ice off.
[signature]
The ice is off. The lake is up some, but still way down. We havn't hit that spring run off yet. If you want, we can chase those green beasts when you come out in two weeks. Either that, or troll the Yaks for browns and bows. Your choice. Till then...........

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]