Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/6 Willard report
Well Luke72 myself and his daughter decided to go fishing last night after work. with the traffic we were not going to get to Mantua really in time to do any fishing so we stopped off at Willard for about an hour or two. We got the boat in the water and found some deeper than 2 feet just out of the north marina. I started dropping a minnow, little_miss_Luke72 dropped a jig tipped with crawler and Luke I think did the same thing. I missed one when I was a rigging pole number 2 so I re-baited and tossed it back out. About a few minutes before we left I saw my line screaming out so I picked up the rod closed the action and set the hook. At this time I told the little one to get ready and haded her my rod. TO date all she has caught is small bluegills at the community ponds. I have never seen a kid grin so much. I wish I had of grabbed the camera when they were fighting the fish.

The Crew
[inline "The Little Fisher.jpg"]

[inline "Luke72 and little one.jpg"]

The bounty
[inline "The Cat wacker + her catch.jpg"]
[signature]
Awww, cute! That's awesome to your daughter out. That's really cool you are sharing the experience of fishing with her. Sometimes it's almost more rewarding to watch a good friend or family member catching a fish than even catching one yourself. I have caught more species and large fish than I can count.....I like having close friends and family members share in the enjoyment of that exciting adrenaline rush.
[signature]
Yea it is. I can not wait to get mine out. I was just Uncle Majja on this trip and was glad to get a fish she could get in.
[signature]
My little girl can go about 3 hours then she is done, I would hate to get both little girls in a boat can you say playtime!
[signature]
your are a good uncle, I see she has her own little pink fishing pole.
brings back memories. later chuck
[signature]
That she does. She even has her own PINK ice cutters. I am going to try and get them on the hard deck this winter. I think she would get a kick out of a nice fat cut form the Berry.
[signature]
Awesome Matt! Way to go.[Smile]
[signature]
Actually, she has caught several sunfish, a bunch of trout, a few perch, and a few bass out of the ponds. That was her first chance to real in a cat though, She has been asking all year when she can catch one and hasn't stopped talking about it yet. We had a great time, it really made the whole trip worthwhile when she yelled "Its a catfish dad! I got a catfish!" her grin stretched from ear to ear, I am sure mine was too. Thanks for coming with us majja, I had a great time and so did the little one.
[signature]
Good job man. I am glad you and you daughter got a cat...
[signature]