Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Fishing Report- 9/7
Hit the lake before the sun did yesterday morning. Had a hoot and caught several smallmouths throwing Pop-Rs around Cedar Springs and Dutch John Draw. Also followed up on a few misses and caught some using a green/gold flake Senko on a 2/0 hook. Nothing real big, all under 12 inches, but they've got lots of attitude! The air temp had a bite to it, 45F when I launched, and water temps had cooled to 66-68F. Hope it helps.
[signature]
Thanks for all the good info Ryno, sounds like the catching should continue to improve with the cooler weather. Thanks again for posting your report. WH2
[signature]
hey ryno. ive fished the gorge for bass all my life and i say the same ...man those bass fight like heaven on a stick lol. just woundering is the [rs] lure you were using a top water bait? if so i think thats my favorite fishing. twitch twitch ... BAM what a blast!!!! tight lines jon
[signature]
Yep, I was throwing an Excalibur series Pop-R topwater in rainbow trout color with a white flashabou tail. It was just the way you stated it too. Twitch, twitch..........splash!
[signature]
Good report! We were there last week (Labor Day weekend) and even though I went with expectations of a 30 lb lake trout, I ended up having a lot of fun catching those smallies! We caught one or two that might have gone 13 or 14 inches, but most were under 12".

We used the brown with green flake twin tailed grub on a jighead, and a small rapala deep diver in shad pattern for the smallies.

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.