Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Perris Report
Took the tube out this morning over to Lake Perris once again, and i do believe the spawn is off. I got 26! bass in 4 hours! Awsome! I tubed the dam, using a 6" generic trout, and tore it up! Everyone else was doing good too, but i think i had the fish of the day with a largie that went 7.2! Another tuber was split shotting a 4" shad like plastic and doing very well for himself too. The boaters werent quite getting the numbers the tubers were getting, but they still did well for themselves.

Im thinking about tubing Lake Castaic Lagoon next week. Any of you guys fished it lately?
[signature]

Nice job JAMartin,

Sounds crazy but I believe it! Did you notice anyone sneaking around in the trees or shoreline brush? I'm hot to tube and flyfish those areas of Perris for our little panfish friends and the usual dink bass that seem to haunt the same areas.

Thanks,

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool]My personal motto is 'YA CAN'T BEAT FUN". And, when the fun comes while you're floatin' and fishin', it don't get much better.

Sounds like you are putting the old Fat Cat to good use. I have my SFC fine tuned and it is fishing great for me. I just worked out a deal with the guy who posted he had a Fat Cat for sale, so Mrs. Dude can upgrade her game too.

I am really jealous JAM. I wish I lived as close to a prime pond as you do with Perris. I used to sneak down there when I lived in Riverside, before they ever put the spotted bass in there. Even then, it was a "kick bass" lake, with lots of largies and hefty bluegills.

Good report. Glad the fish have something on their minds besides making baby fish now. Keep on hammerin' 'em.
[signature]
Hehehe sorry to make you jealous! Ive been fishing lake perris for years now, and its a lake that produces, thats for sure. The thing is - everyone thinks all the best fishing is on the east side of the lake where the submerged brush and trees are at, but i personally think the best fishing is at the dam, where the rock piles are. So i usually can get fish, because the dam doesnt get that much fishing pressure. Im thinking about going back on Friday!
[signature]
I fished Lake Perris from my tube around a month ago during the spawn. we didnt catch anything from out tubes[mad][crazy][mad][crazy]! however, we fished the docks right there by the marina and the campgrounds and I caught a little 9 incher and a 1 1/2 to 2 pounder. this was all in like 1 hour. I dont think we did too bad.

my friend chris caught a bass around 4 pounds.. that was the catch of the weekend![:|]

joe
[signature]
[size 2][size 1]Hello Guys,[/size]

[size 1]Congrats on a great day JAMartin! I always love fishing Perris (my biggest Bass ever was caught there drop shotting a 6" inch cinnamon worm). [/size]

[size 1]Although I have yet to float Tube Perris it sounds like an awesome time, especially on a day like you had. I've not really done much float tubing and look forward to doing much more this year and will make sure to add Perris to the list of places to try! Thanks for the report![/size][/size]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator