Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry topwater action
Hit Strawberry Sep 11 with my son for the first time this year (softwater) and started throwing cranks to the shore, it was a slow start but caught a nice cut, and my usual places were pretty choked with weeds so I went to some not so weedy shoreline and picked up a few here and there. In the process I discovered that if I just let my lure float on the top for a few seconds to a few minutes that the cutts would come up and munch on it and the action was good! I was fishing shallow water from one foot and drop offs near shallows, actually the place was from Chaplain Point west and south along that shoreline. Lots of fish hanging out in shallow water. Be careful the water is really shallow around Chaplain Point.
Anyway... Didn't keep score but caught alot of fish, finally the wind drove us away. It was good to be back out on my boat hanging out with my son (had to sell my truck and finally got a another, it sucks trying to pull a boat without one).
Go give it a try and mind your slack, if they miss it let it sit and the fish might come back or reel it in REALLY SLOW.

Good luck to Y'all
[signature]
That's cool. Can't say I have caught many trout on topwater hard baits. [cool]
[signature]