Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody been to Hyrum lately?
I was thinking of heading up to Hyrum this weekend. Has anybody been up there lately? Just wondering how the launching conditions were. Thanks

TFS
[signature]
I don't think a worm could get wet. It is very low, I have not seen it this low in over 40 years but, I did see a couple of boats on it .

If you know; talk about if; If not, SHUT UP! [shocked]
[signature]
Thats a good way to put it. Thanks for the info looks like I am Bear lake bound.
[signature]
FS-Fished Hyrum last week with a 19 foot Searay. The water is pretty low and the ramp is somewhat out of the water. The right side of the ramp is the only place to launch. There is a little bit of a drop off where the ramp ends. We had no problems launching but struggled alittle to get it back on. You have to back the trailer up pretty far and it is hard to align the back end because it is just floating. We ended up ratcheting the boat all the way in and I used an oar to keep us centered as we slowly pulled the boat out. Worked pretty good, just slow. The fishing was pretty good. We jigged for perch and bluegill and threw mepps spinners out for the trout. Biggest perch was about 11 inches and the biggest trout was around 14". Between the 2 of us we caught around 70 fish in about 3 hours. Hope this helps.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I've seen Hyrum at lower water levels. I've personally launched off the dirt with the cement ramp 30-40 feet in front of the truck. No doubt it is low this year. Its also a very good time to go GPS structure while it's low before it starts to fill again.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
You are right on the GPS. I actually have hand drawn maps made before the GPS was available. Now's the time to do it.
[signature]