Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check this out!!!
[url "http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/04/03/colossal.squid.reut/index.html"]http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/04/03/colossal.squid.reut/index.html[/url]

Makes me want to think twice before treading in the big ponds (ocean) now!!!
[signature]
[cool]What are we? Men or wimps? Heck, I use squid bigger than that for bait. Actually, I just tie a big rope on them and let them go find a big fish for me...kinda like the Chinese cormorant fishing thing.

Down in the Sea of Cortez there is a big squid that routinely gets about 50 to 80 pounds...several feet long. Fishermen who pull nets or lines at night live in mortal fear of falling overboard in waters inhabited by them. There are documented cases of divers and anglers being seized by them and dragged to a deep and ugly demise. Those things have big sharp beaks, capable of cutting a large fish in half...or taking huge chunks out of a human being.

Some fishermen target those big squid on heavy tackle. They will hit lures or large baitfish, and put up a good tussle on the end of a line. When cleaned properly and cut into white meat steaks, they are great eating too.

Thanks for sharing the link polokid.
[signature]
and here I thought that them things were only good for throwing at hocky players on the ice.[laugh]

I think I will pass of the eating of them lol. the only things I like squishy on my fork is devil eggs and spinish. and if it glows in the dark to, YUCXKs !!![Tongue]

that is one mean looking critter though. suprises me that o'l Joch hasnt been down there to check them out.[shocked]

them glow in the dark meet hooks on the end of them tenitcals shure gives one some thing to think about. but then again we aint tubin 800 feet down in antartica eather.[crazy]
[signature]
OHHHHH YEAHHHH BAABYYYY!!!! Can you say SUSHI?

I'll just leave it to the sushi chef to catch it and cut it up.
[signature]