Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line? Which one?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I see Burkley has a fairly new fluorocarbon line out;[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[Image: i122330sn01.jpg]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I was wondering if any of you has used this new line? And how it compares to the old reliable Vanish. That Burkley makes? Ease of knot tying? Line memory? Etc...
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Hey Baitcaster, long time no see, I haven't used that new line , but I think that I will stick with the Fireline and Vanish. JMHO.

AFdan52
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]BC, there are [url "http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&resnum=0&q=bass+pro+fluorocarbon&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=product_result&resnum=1&ct=title"][#bf6000]lots of fluros out there[/#bf6000][/url] these days and I don't know much about any of them. I prefer my fluorocarbon to be as colorless as possible. And I kind of prefer the [url "http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_37510?cm_mmc=froogle-_-100-10-1-_--1-_-38-424-080-20&hvarAID=froogle&mr:trackingCode=5A5C62CA-C66A-DC11-BE2A-001422107090&mr:referralID=NA"][#bf6000]Bass Pro xps[/#bf6000][/url] as it seams to be just a little bit easier to tie. I still prefer my 20 lb Berkley Vanish for tiger musky because it seams to be a bit more resistant to abrasion. But all other fishing I use XPS. I never use it as main line ... fluro for leader only ... like what AFDan said ... braided main line and fluro leader.

The other night I bought some of that green stuff your picture shows in 8 lb. I used at the Berry the other day and thought it was OK.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
[Wink][font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3] Yooooo Howdy AFD:: I too am planning sticking to Fireline and Leader style of fishing. I just was wondering if this new stuff was worth buying, and giving a try? After all I did switch to XPS from the older Vanish. Now I like to stay/keep on the leading edge of Hi-tech. So thats "Just me".[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
The line is exceptionally good. I use it to fish Barracuda.

I use 6lb test on my Bass reels. Brings the Barries home.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#002850]The other night I bought some of that green stuff your picture shows in 8 lb. I used at the Berry the other day and thought it was OK.[/#002850][/font][size 1] [/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Thanks "Coot": Some times I don't have time to Order on line from BPS, to get the line size lb / test I need for that last minite fishing expedetion, & Walley world is my olny hope. Thus I would like to be "In the know". weather it's worth buying $$$.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] By the way Congrats on being part of BFT Utahs board "Mod-Squad". Big thumbs up!!!!!! Keep BFT "Rock'n".[/size][/font]
[signature]
[size 1]The line is exceptionally good. I use it to fish Barracuda. [/size]
[size 1][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]OH Ya :::: Now were talk'n !!!!! Thanks tubN2: Good info:[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]