Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport
Ran up to Rockport this afternoon about 430ish. With the wind I decided to leave the boat at home and try a little bank tangling. Got to the dam and the wind was HOWLING out of the south and the waves were really getting after it. started tossing a kastmaster to see if there were any fishies to be found.... about my 5th cast I was hooked up to a whopper bow that ended up going 7 inches! I ended up with about 10 the biggest going 12 inches [unsure] all bows. A guy and his wife showed up and tossed a little powerbait out and I saw them catch a few, 2 of which were apparently big enough to hit the dinner table.

Left the lake by 6.

All were caught on a 3/8oz rainbow kastmaster.

Just as a side note, and I will probably post this again this weekend but I am entertaining the idea of heading up to Strawberry one day next week. I will probably take the boat depending on the weather and I am looking for some company. I am pretty open next week so just about any day except Tuesday works, so if someone is interested in heading up let me know and we will see what we can work out.

I am a rookie at the berry so dont expect premiere guide service unless your the one providing it [Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report, it's good to hear you caught a few even if they weren't whoppers. We sure don't get many reports from there at least until the ice is on, did you see any boats on the lake? WH2
[signature]
No boats and only the 2 other people fishing that I could see
[signature]
how does thursday sound?
[signature]
good report. glad you got into somethin even with the front blowin in. i'm availibleon thursday as well. or most days before 4 pm shoot me a pm n see if we can'twork somethin out. would love to fish the berry without a sheet of ice for a change.
[signature]
How was the water level? I went there a few weeks ago, it was pretty low and lots of weeds. Hope it is getting better.
[signature]
Still low, I didnt have any weed issues just south of the dam
[signature]