Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boston Harbor
I typed this once but apparently it lost it so I will try it again...

I took my wife back to Boston for a Red Sox game for her birthday... this morning before the game I went out fishing in Boston Harbor with a friend... we left his yacht club at 0730 Boston time and headed out.. the best method of fishing is to look for boils (what they call blitzes)... you can see the bait fish bein pushed onto the surface by the predators fish and eaten... just follow the birds and you will find the schooling fish...

we started throwing 1 ounce jigs and after about ten minutes we had not caught a fish.. we then went to topwater baits and caught a couple... we then busted out the fly rod and started casting a clauser minnow into the boils... bingo!!!

after four hours we had each caught at least 40 fish... we would just chase down the boil and cast the clauser minnow into it.. most hookups were seen before they were felt ... it was awesome...

all the fish except one were striped bass in the four to five pound range and somewhere between 24 and 28 inches... I did catch one blue fish about 26 inches long... we put all the fish back for another day but it was one of my best days fishing in a long time... AJ

[#ff0000]EDITED: Picture sizes too large. Resized.[/#ff0000]
[signature]
I'm from that area and I miss that fishing a lot. When I do go back I make sure that we always get some Ocean fishing for Stripers in. Thanks for sharing your Pictures.

AFDan52
[signature]
I love deep sea fishing. I am from NH and went this last may when I made it out there. My old man and I had a blast catching haddock, and redfish, unfortunately no cod where biting.
[signature]
You guys are making me home sick. My wife and I are planning a trip back to Cape Cod within the next 2 years. My brother wants to take me out to the Elizabeth Islands to fish.

AFDan52
[signature]
Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun! I am going to be in Boston in about two weeks on a business trip and would like to do some fishing. Are there any party fishing boats that launch out of Boston Harbor? I have taken party boats out of San Diego several times and they have been around $50.00 for a half day of fishing (including tackle). Do you know of anything like that in Boston?

Thanks in advance for your help.
[signature]
I'm sorry, I dont, but I will look, I'll bet you could find some fairly easy.... the next three weeks is the best time of the year to fish there...
[signature]
I know of some from NH about an hour drive north east of Boston. Most boats are around 50-75 bucks for 8 hours of fishing, not sure if any have half day rates.

give this a try

[url "http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=deep+sea+fishing+from+boston&spell=1"]http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=deep+sea+fishing+from+boston&spell=1[/url]
[signature]
You were there for the Manny walk off homer? Redsox and fishing... now thats what I call a vacation. Go Sox!
[signature]