Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my boss !

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

sm
[signature]
did you loose your job today or worse did your co-worker loose his job and you were told to pick up the slack?

1100 more people lost their jobs here in michigan today. the unemployment rate is as high now as it was in the ragon/bush days.

I hate to say I told ya so (not nessasarily you, but everyone I did tell who voted for bush) but I did say this was going to happen.[pirate] history repeats itself if folks dont pay attention to what is going on. those of us who are relient on disibility or social sucurity retirement are getting another cut next year. It has already been anounced. (two years in a row [pirate])

so tell us, whats the beef?
[signature]

[mad]

sm
[signature]
[size 1]($20,000/month) Poor Baby. Lets see that comes out to about 240k per annum. If you do not have your oun private 401k that you are in charge of that is your fault no one elses. With company 401ks you are at the companys mercy as to how it will be invested and guess who gets the biggist financial gain from it. Not YOU!! Personally I do not get 20 k per annum. Nope do not feel sorry for you.[/size]

[size 1] [/size]

[size 1] Dave personally I expected worse to have happened if Gore and his crew of Clintonits had gotten in. With one of the main losses in personal freedoms. And you can bet that Hillory would renew her assault on medical insurance which is not great as it is but will be one heck of a lot worse if she gets her way. [/size]
[signature]

sm
[signature]
lol I hear ya there on that hillary thing. she makes me want to put my finger down my throught. her disarming and self serving politics does lack a lot to be desired.

I honestly beleave the best team of the four there would have been a chaney/leberman ticket.

the two tickets we had to choose from was a nightmare for sure. caought between a rock and a hard place. I tossed the coin on this one time and time again and it kept landing on its side.

I have been thinking about the way the elections used to be run in the beginning years of our democrisy. the primarys would send the two top dowgs to the presidentail ellection and the looser would become vice president.

although this would be a political nightmaire it would sure keep things in check.
[signature]
I would give up all you are lacking for a decent profit sharing check a couple times a year.

the last manufacture I worked for kept finding ways to fudge me over. He would tell me I was to slow, when 50% of my work was repairing the rest of his croonies mistakes.

I complained one time and I was fired the next week. a year later he wanted me to come back to work for him. he actualy sent his croonies over to my house to ask me to come back to work. since he denied me unemployment I told him to drop off the face of the earth. of cource I couldnt go back even if I wanted to because by that time I was in a crippling car axident that has taken me out of the game.

what I would suggest is that you build your resimay keep quiet (dont complain a single word) and when things get better land a better job.

good companies stay in bussiness in both good and bad times with sound and resonable products. benifits packets stay sound.

meadiorker companies stay in business in both good and bad times. product quality suffers, employee morall suffers, owners have no real compreciation of what its employees are going through just to keep them in bussiness and frankly they dust dont care. they actulay pit employees against each other to force them to compete for the same low paying jobs.

then there just the everyday low paying jobs that have the highest turnover in the industry because they are stepping stones to higher positions or used as a way to keep from falling in to the creek when some one looses their job.

so look at it as if you are making 35 G's a year with out having to work over time you are doing good. you should be able to create your own retirement plan. if you are having to spend your family time to make this then you are in trouble and you should concider what I mentioned above. (give no worning about what you are doing) rest assured that you will not receive any notice when you are about to get canned.
[signature]
very good advice, and i appreciate it, i do gotta keep my mouth shut and not complain . . they'll get you if you let them!

thanks!

sm
[signature]
here this will make you feel better

i know what it's like to be cold , hungry , desperate and hurting , yet i work at one of the bigest employers in the county . do you know what gets me thru it all ? knowing there are people out there that don't have it as good as i do , i have a job . my take home is just above 250. a week for a family of 4 . nobody said life was fair , you just do your best to get by and not let it get you down .

just hang in there a while , look for something better in the meantime and do your best at what you do . your quality or profesionalism will get you noticed by other imployers . good luck my friend , good luck !
your story sounds like a steinbeck novel man . . . wish i could help . . . i know we all should be thankful for what we have . . . whatever it is . . we'll get you out here to vegas sometime for a VACATION!

sm
[signature]
thanks for the offer , but help is not needed , for me the trick is to make due with what you have and to be glad you have it . i left a well paying job in detroit and all the city hassels for the simple country life for my kids . with the modest lifestyle came a less than modest salery . all people learn to adapt to there situations for survival . our trade off of the hardships was to give the kids a chance at a somewhat normal life . normal means being able to play in there own yard without fear of some perv walking by ready to snatch them up , or coming home to a house that hasen't been robbed or seeing the family car spraypainted with gang graffitti .

here they can go to there friends , or to the beach , ride there bikes , do the things kids should be able to do . no gangs , no pervs , no worries for them to deal with .

it may seem like a strugle , but the kids are happy . it's well worth the trade . like i said there are people i know who don't have it as good as i do . i do hope that things turn out better for you !
[signature]
hey there bud! young man be careful with all that bein too feelin safe. you still keep your guard up/ ya do not never know/ i can say the same here too. but those weirdo,s travel. i have been in situations thinkin ya can trust and had to jump out a car and go to the police cause he said tere,d been 4 girls killed on this road on the last year nad i was gonna be the 5th. this was only 50 miles from my home. in vermont???? it happens i don,t want ya peranoid but ya don,t never want to be TOO SURE OK??? WE CARE ABOUT YOU AND THE KIDS AND WIFE TOO.[Smile][unsure]
[signature]
LOL! mere , i was raised in s.e. detroit area , the innercity was my stomping grounds .some called the projects a slum , i played with kids that called them home . the clubs i hung around with rode harleys . i got street savey ( smarts ) !

seen my share of the good and the bad that comes with the teritory . thoes that had the least to own were the ones that gave the most to others , not from stupidity , but from the heart .

my wife ( you know her as fishingirl ) says i'm overprotective about the kids . i don't see myself that way . i just know there a-holes everywhere , and i not gonna give them the chance at my kids . i'de gladley spend a few years in jackson prison to rid the world of anyone that tries to mess with this daddy's little gals .

ya never let your guard down . it started the day i found out i was to be a parent , it ain't never gonna go away .
[signature]
i kinda figured you,d do the the thing i would. i,d go to jail too if anybody dubbed with my kid and any of my kids here in town. i,m like the old mother hen, haha but i,d would go huntin early!! haha yes and i agree that i,ve seen the ones who had the least give more, many times, because they do have a heart and know how it is. those are the ones that,s gonna make it upstairs!!!!! and i bet wifeepooh is right as fare as bein overprotective, i can say i am! haha see i even do it with you the wife and the kids and your there and i,m here. hahahahaha but admit it it,s ok!! haha ican you can!!! haha have fun just be careful. later mare!!!!
[signature]
WELL SOUTHERNMAN, ME AND LONEHUNTER GOT OFF TRACK LITTLE, SO I WANTED TO SYA, I FEEL FOR YA BEEN THERE LIKE ALL HAVE, I WANT TO TRY TO MAKE YA FEEL BETTER, BUT I GUESS THE ONLY THINGS I CAN SAY IS TRY AND KEEP THE FAITH, KEEP SMILIN AND BE THANKFUL WHAT WE DO GOT NOT MATERIAL THINGS EITHER. AND I DON,T WANT TO PREACH,. HAHAHA I HUESS FOR ME I TRIED LEAVIN WORK AT WORK AND WHEN I GIT HOME I TRIED TO ENJOY WHAT I GOT THERE. CAUSE THEIR ALL THAT MATTERS ANYWAYS. MAYBE LOOK AT IT LIKE THEIRS SOME THAT ARE SO MISERABLE THAT THEY WANT YOU AS MISERABLE AS THEY ARE. AND I SAY DON,T ALLOW IT. YOU GOT CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE AND ONLY YOU CAN CHABGE IT IF YA WANT OR DEAL WITH IT HUH?? CHOICES! HOPE EVERYTHIN WORKS OUT. MARE[Smile]
[signature]
thanks lou . .

sm

ps its been gettin' better . . .!!!
[signature]
MY JACK KEEPS SAYIN WE,re gonna git out there someday.i,ve never been toooo many places. new york fishin once to south carolina on st. johms island where my aunt uncle and cousins use to live, when i was about 11. been up thru to canada. when i was 6, haha and new hampshire alot of places, but i want to git out west!! find some ponies. and fishin. huntin campin. i got relatives in arizonna tucson i,ve never seen. jack and i are goin to travel in a few years here. i can,t wait. take care later[Smile][Wink][cool][laugh]
[signature]
hey ya been fishin??? jack got a nice rainbow yesterday!!! [Smile][Wink]
[signature]
GOOD BOY FOR GRAMPA!! HAHA I,M GLAD!!! NOBODY SHOULD BE MISERABLE. ESPECAILLY AT WORK~! [Smile]
[signature]
heres my last fishin trip sunday . .

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=45180"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=45180[/url]

sm
[signature]