Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry was awesome
The fishing was awesome! I didn't check my e-mail before I left so I was fishing from the boat in the small cove next to the ramp. I caught 5 in an hour all over 21". When I realized I got stood up ( at the time anyway,phone didn't have service either) I went to the narrows and slayed 'em tossing cranks and jerkbaits. I had several nice cutts follow my lure to the boat, I sped up my retrieve and that was it...game on! Boated 21 and had quite a few 'nips' and then they would follow it to the boat. So I would stop, let it suspend and twitch it, those fish are incredibly fast when they decide to hit. My photosmart is on the blitz so I have no way to post pics but I guess I could do some full size ones. I left at 1ish and when I came out of the narrows to my surprise the lake was kind of choppy and the wind was picking up. Good time to leave. Water temp was 51. Oh, and I found out, repeatedly, how nice it would have been to have rubber mesh net instead of my 'twine' one. My cranks were getting tangled up like crazy!
[signature]
You just had to rub it in didnt ya!! [Tongue] I am glad you did really good out there. Those were some nice fish.[Wink]
[signature]