Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BullFrog Overnighter 10-07-07
We arrived at the marina at 11:00 pm, temp was a cool 50 degrees and the parking lot was the usual october empty. Went to the slips and immediately started chumming the chovies and from 11:30-6:00 am, the striper and cat fishing was on fire. Couldnt keep them off. Not really any size to either of them. Stripers are really skinny. The biggest one of the night was prob 3 lbs. (you can prob see from the pic, my catches were very skinny) Took my sister and her boyfriend for the first time and they were hooked. Altogether, the 4 of us easily caught over 150 fish. My friend even managed a nice 16" large mouth on anchovies.

We fished near the restrooms and anywhere there was light. When I got bored, I threw out a 3" spoon and enticed about 15+ stripers into my cooler that way.

A great way to spend a birthday: Quick overnight fishing with your best fishing buddies at Lake Powell. We all had a blast.
[signature]
Nice report Wildcard, thanks for posting it. Looks like you guys had a great trip and from the sounds of it, you don't need a boat to catch a lot of fish there. So you guys drove down and back in one day? WH2
[signature]
YEAH, it sounds kinda crazy but we leave around 6:00 pm, get there around 11 (depending how many stops we make) and start fishing till the sun comes up. Then we move and look for largemouths and fish till about 9:00 am and head home. We usually take a boat if we stay for more than one day.
[signature]
I'm sure that 10 hours of driving makes for a long day but I'd bet the fishing more than makes up for it[Wink]. Does the entry fee to get into Bullfrog remain the same all year or does it drop in the fall?
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Nice work man! Too bad I couldn't get out again this time around ([mad]work sucks!!)...but we should definitely plan on hooking up sometime![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Dang it maybe we should have gotten a sub for Ira and went down there. I have a pass for there too. There is still a long weekend in the first part of November. We could do our part and thing those stripers out. Need to get a spot in the lodge. Nice digs.
[signature]
For a one nighter, down and back that would work for me, if we were going to stay a night, that would be OK too, I wonder if their winter rates are cheaper for lodging?
[signature]