Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutts & Bows at the Berry
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 4][Wink] Wow what a great trip I had to the berry, Old_Coot told me there was a slot on sottie B boat so I jumped at the chance, I went to Old_Coot home in hopes for supper but he only showed me the Information for the berry for the next day, that was better than supper any time, I'll take the training, meet up with Scottie and discussed the chance for a morning trip.[/size][/#800080][/font]
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 4]Hooked up with Old_Coot at about 0400 and meet up with BaitCaster and ScottieB, they informed me that it was cold there so I put the duds on on away we went, it was a white knuckel ride to the berry could not wait to get on the water, I was all rigged up the night before so putting the boat in the water was about it, got to the berry at about 0630 and on the lake at about 0700, BC and the Coot was doing something on tere boat so Scottie B put the line in the water and about the time he started to real in WAM FISH ON, it was a nice CUTT, and we had to release it becouse of the slot limit there, we headed south east into an area with fog starting to fish when my line iced up, changed to the other real and put a lure on from Wal-Mart and about the time it hit the water WAM-Fish on, I was in fish heaven with the fish gods.[angelic] [/size][/#800080][/font]
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 4]All in all I caought 5 total fish in the boat all were about 20-22" so I could not keep any, Scottie landed a Bow that was 22" but thought it back becouse at the berry some Cutts look like Bows so we did not take the chance, besides giving the bow some time to get bigger. Myself and Scottie totaled 10 fish but had more than that on before lost them in the weeds and moss land.[/size][/#800080][/font]
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 4]We left at about 1200 noon (because of the wind)[crazy] and I had some work to do at home. [/size][/#800080][/font]
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 4]I can say that this trip was fun and well worth the effort, and I did NOT get skunked this time at the berry.[/size][/#800080][/font]
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 4][laugh]A big THANKS to Old_Coot and his knowledge and Scottie for the ride there, The Berry is real a fun place and many fish to get, you just have to have right equipment..[/size][/#800080][/font]
[font "High Tower Text"][#800080][size 4]The bait and lures are like the ones mentioned in Old_Coots report ecept for a few Wal-Mart ones that were black on top, with brown on the sides, and white bottoms about 3" long, The pics we took have not yet been down loaded, they are much like Old_Coots-Have fun if you fish the berry, I DID [cool][/size][/#800080][/font]
[signature]