Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
holmes creek res 10/11
Left slc @ 5am boarded the ole uta express bus got to hwy 89 n gentile at 6 am still pitch black outside finnally found the lake and made my way down to the dam. got all my gear unpacked off my bike n decided to try for some early eyes had a few interested partys but no takers fished crankbaits till dawn about 730. rigged up a crawler under a bobber on sec rod and moved to the first point to the north? of the dam started throwin a mini shad rap in brown n hooked up a few smaller white bass.[cool] then noticed my float was missin relled in and landed my best bluegill so far this year a nice mini slab.[sly] the pond was really low but the fish were fairly active and saw some big non carp looking jumpers LMB? tried top water baits but no luck so stuck with the worm under a float fish turned off about 10 30 so i packed up n headed back to salt lake. got home and left my tackle box on my bike took my rod bag inside. lucky for me someone decided they needed my bike and tackle box more than i did and stole it off my porch in broad daylight. so now i'm transportation and tackle impaired but at least i didn't get skunked[pirate][pirate] and will definatly hit that pond again thru the ice this winter all in all a good trip until i got home lol
[signature]
Nice report Jason. That pond was good to me last ice season. We'll have to hook up this winter and catch some fish.
[signature]
Yes we will. And this time i'll bring my license. I Have to start rebuilding gear lost everything but my rods today.
Sweet, nice report. I also like Holmes Creek. How much $ was the R/T on UTA?

Holmes has such a mixed bag, it's like the ocean, you never know what you'll catch. I've caught LMB, Bluegill, Crappie, White Bass, Trout but, never a Walleye. Heard of them, but never saw or caught one myself.

When you say "[size 1]the pond was really low ", could you walk around most of the pond and be below the brush?[/size]
[size 1]I also like to ice the Holmes, it's like getting to tube it, but more work (got to get a power auger) I've learned my way around there pretty well. [Image: <a%20href=][/size]
[signature]
Never saw white bass till last year.....fished it for a decade. Some idiot threw the white bass in.
$1.60 for the bus ride. It's down far enough to fish the entire shorline kinda muddy but i'd say it's 20ft or more from the brushline to water alot of empty basin