Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alamitos Bay Halibut
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]Tubed this morning from 6-8:30am at 68th/ Alamitos Bay for two Halibuts one at 21" and one at 23 1/2". Caught on live smelts from Norms Big Fish.

Caught the legal at 7:30am about 30 yards out. I had to get out. STRONG WINDS!!! 34 knots in Alamitos Bay!!

Kiyo[Image: bullwhip.gif] -----------------[Image: dolphin.gif] [/size][/font]

[Image: SATO3587CustomImage0471929.jpg]
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, team. At least a legal. Too bad about the wind. If you had a sail on your craft you could do some speed trolling.

When are you going to get the young lady on the water too? Good looking kids. Makes you believe in heredity, doesn't it.

I raised a couple of daughters. Both of them liked fishing until they got older and it became "uncool"...and they discovered boys. That took a different kind of bait...and fishy smell was not on the approved perfume list.
[signature]
[laugh][laugh][laugh] TubeDude,

Thanks for the kind words buddy![Smile] Boy, I can't wait till she starts bringing home boys!! I better enjoy this time while it last huh???[laugh]
[signature]
[cool]Hey Kiyo, take it from a guy who has definitely BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. We tend to take our kids for granted and look forward to the day when they will be older and not so dependent...and eventually out on their own. Then, one day they are gone, grown up, married and too busy to be bothered with Dad anymore. (I have always related to the Harry Chapin song "Cat's in the Cradle"...or something like that.)

For several years, I was a single dad, raising the three kids from my first marriage. We enjoyed a lot of fishing trips, both together and on a rotating "day with dad" individual basis. Everytime the family gets together, those memories are a big part of our conversations. And, I would like to think that filling their young minds with an appreciation of fishing and the outdoors helped keep them from being filled with some of the other things that can be so destructive for kids.

Too many fathers today find it difficult to relate to daughters, and never form a true bond with them...besides the basic obligation of family. I have had a lot of friends over the years who have taken my advice to take their little girls fishing, and it has paid big dividends in the later years. In a couple of situations, it has led to the girls "snagging" great husbands who were also fishing fanatics. We all know how difficult it is to find potential wives out there who even tolerate fishing...much less enjoy it.

But, that's way down the road for your lovely little girl. Right now, just enjoy her for who she is, and if she wants to go fishing with dad, make it a trip for her...not you. A big mistake I see dad's making with their sons and daughters all the time is taking them along only to watch the old man fishing. And, if the kid makes a mistake the old man screams at them or punishes them. It breaks my heart, because I know that the kid's memories of fishing are not going to be positive.

Whenever I took my kids fishing, I took my tackle only to be a part of the trip. My focus was on showing them a good time...fish or no fish. But, if I did a good job of planning, there would be plenty of willing bluegills or perch or catfish or some other democratic fish waiting to give the kids a thrill. Later, when they were reasonably experienced and comfortable with their tackle, we graduated to more exciting and sophisticated species.

Now, if you could only do something about that work schedule of yours...so you could squeeze in some more fishing time.
[signature]
Great pic, take advantage of those halibut filled waters! I would gladly trade my pan-fried trout for your broiled halibut!

I love Halibut, keep those pics coming
[signature]