Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried about S.E. Idaho bass fihing next year
I'm worried about S.E. Idaho reservoirs. I've been enjoying them for my first time fishing em this year but am concerned about next year. Was considering getting a year license next year. Here's my worry. All of the resevoirs I've fished this year are all really low and I've noticed that many (if not all) of the ones I fished have no fresh water running into them. I just got back from Condie and I noticed this and it made me wonder. Do these reservoirs require fresh water during the fall/winter for the bass, etc. to survive, especially when they are this low? Is the lack of fresh water coming in this time of year normal? Does the winter snow and spring run off take care of things? Condie is supposed to be maintained as a trophy bass fishery. [unsure] What do you think of the prospects for places like Weston, Glendale, Condie, Twin Lakes etc.? Leaky and Sparky (Ut float tubers)
I do not know that much about it, but I also love fishing that area. Condie has some really deep holes in it so I would imagine it will be ok for the winter. We will be in big trouble if we dont get big time snow.

Windriver
[signature]
Condie is filling and it's spring fed. Lamont and Johnson are fine.
Twin- well Twin is a place I don't care if it dries up or not.
Foster is over rover.
[signature]
[angelic] PLEASE pray for Twin Lakes and Condie too....
[signature]
You say Condie is filling but how about the other lakes? Is Glendale filling? Are they fishable right now? Can you launch a boat? Any info would be greatly appreciated? Twin too!!!

TS
[signature]
Sorry- Can't pray for Twin Lakes. Lamont and Johnson should still be boatable but I can't give you any first hand information on Glendale because the only lake I have been on latley has been Treasureton.
[signature]
Everyone hate Twin because of the Canal Co.??? Still good fishing in there that is for sure. Thanks for the info. Did you go by Johnson recently? I was up there around late August and you couldnt put a boat in there. Where abouts is Treasureton? Is that further North of Condie? Anyhow, thanks again for the info. I might be up there at the Oneida Narrows this weekend.
TS
[signature]
You can almost shoot an arrow over the hill from Condie and hit Treasureton. It's a 1/4 mile further up the highway. Trout- artificial barbless only , 2 over 16". The fish will taste pretty mossy right now but you should catch quite a few trout in the 15 to 17" range, some from 18 to 21 and a shot at much bigger.
[signature]
All of those small reservoirs are cyclic. Warm water fishing around Preston might not be as good next year but I think most of the lakes will be close to as good as they were this year.
Every few years one, two or more of those reservoirs is drained dry and it takes a few years for the warm water fish to come back. Winder and Foster are the only ones I'm aware of that were drained dry by the drought this year. Some fish from Glendale will get flushed into Foster so the warm water fishery there will recover faster than Winder.
[signature]