Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Swinging Bridge res. NY - 10.14.07
Swinging Bridge 10.14.07 - pontoons

On the water at 07h15:

Air temp: 48
Water temp: 59
Wind: extremely calm. Lake was a mirror decked with dense fog.
Barometer: 29.92
Water vis: 4ft stained.

We put in at the north end of Plank and began doing what we always do fishing new water: exploring and probing.
Fish were rising all around us so out came the top water and on came the dinks. Hundreds of them between 4 and 10", fouling themselves on our top water trebles. Even my massive Excaliber Wake Bait I used in the hopes of keeping the dinks at bay, got a dink wrapped around it. They smacked everything that hit the water and it soon got old. I have no idea how many we caught in an hour - probably over thirty and my wife continued catching them.
I holstered my fishing pole and began exploring the bottom with the fish finder.
Everywhere bait balls were going to-and-fro.
By 10h30 the water had reached 62 and the predicted 15-20mph NW wind had established itself.
At the 12-15' range I found some fish suspended off some submerged trees and stumps only to find they were also balls of dinks .
At 11h15 I found a some sort of broken up solid structure with fish suspended off it at about 10'. We tossed in a few deep divers, did a little drop-shotting and jigging with a Booyah black-blue 1/2 ounce. I got a taker but the hook-set failed so no nice fishie .
The wife was tossing a rat-l-trap and letting it sink for a few seconds before slow cranking it and she got into a 1lber, perhaps 2 but didn't bother to measure or weigh it before sending it on its way.
Meanwhile The wind had caused me to drag anchorand when i tried to find the spot again, I was unable to I had forgotten to bring my marker buoys otherwise it wouldn't have been a problem.
Anyhow I carried on exploring while the wife kept fishing and catching more dinks, both LM and SM.
We had chores to tend to so were off the water by 12h15.

I have video footage of the entire trip but my mother-in-law asked to borrow the video camera for her dog show. After next weekend you'll get to see the video.

The last weekend of the month will be a two-nighter down the Delaware.

-ABT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Always fun to explore new water...in new ways. Catching a lot of fish is only frosting on the cake...but it is always enjoyable to do so.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you post the video of the dog show you will be banned.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
LMAO.
No but next time I may take a video of me using the neighbor's pesky yorkie as shark bait[Wink]

-ABT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]TubeBabe's sister has a couple of yappie yorkies. Got no use for those nasty little buggers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I once got a good laugh from a comedian on TV who shared our mutual "admiration" for that breed. He said that whenever one started barking at him he was tempted to shove a stick up it's rear orifice and use it for a dust mop. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We do love dogs and have had several, of different breeds. But, there are just some better than others...like people.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
yorkies.. chihuahuas (spelling) are way to yappy for thier own good.. I do love dogs.. but not yappy ones... [crazy]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
All little yapsters have their place. Shark bait, rottweiler toothpicks, football practice and don't forget fur coats. [Tongue]

-ABT
[signature]
[sly] rottie toothpicks.. now that is funny...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
A yorkie with a toothpick stuck in his mouth is a rottie auderve.[Tongue]

-ABT
[signature]