Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake - 6 kinds of trout - anybody ever catch all 6 kinds in one day!?!
Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Cutthroat Trout, Mackinaw (Lake Trout), Splake (hybrid), Rainbow Trout all in Fish Lake . . .anybody ever catch all 6 in one day? is it possible? wouldn't that be a feather in the 'ole cap!

[pirate]

sm
[signature]
That would be some feat, you would have to be some kind of superhuman fisherman to do that, but I would guess someone has done it. If not in Fish lake then somewhere. WH2
[signature]
i agree with the superhuman, you'd have to have a proven strategy set for all 6 fish on the lake and have all come thru in one day! whew . . but i believe it could be done . . it would take experience, research, equipment, and a whole lotta luck!

sm
[signature]
most would be easy enough exept for the cutts and brookies. they are hard to target in that lake. but that sure would be cool to do it.
[signature]
I have caught a sucker, and a perch in the same day at fish lake is there a catagory for that lol[crazy]
[signature]
Don't forget the Tiger trout and the Tiger Muskie.

Don't forget to thanks our Nevada friends for the Golden shiners infesting Southern Utah's lakes.

I've caught all the real trout but didn't catch any lake trout or brook trout.
[signature]
How did muskies get in FL?[unsure] I thought they planted them in Johnson. Did the swim upstream? I bet it's hard to catch one out of there anyways.[Sad]
[signature]
Last year we caught five species of fish in Starvation in one day. Carp, chub, smallmouth, brown trout and walleye. WH2
[signature]
a fish buffet ! yeah!

sm
[signature]
[#ff0000]I've never done better than three species in a day at Fishlake, always up for a good challenge though![/#ff0000]

[#ff0000][/#ff0000]
[signature]
The closest I've gotten is 5 fish, well maybe 4 1/2. While fishing in through the ice in January, I caught a Mack, a splake, a brookie, rainbows, and a hybrid cutt/rainbow. So does the last one count since I all ready caught a rainbow the same day?[Smile] All of them were caught in the same location (weedline) on the same bait; chartruse curltail with perch meat. With all the fishing I've done there, I've never caught a brown though.[Sad]
[signature]
wow, you win the booby prize! gotta get that brown though next time!

sm
[signature]
The best I've done is seven species in one day at the Gorge--rainbow, brown, mack, kokanee, smallmouth, chub, and sucker. Of course this was all in gill nets--the best fishing technique I've ever found (along with electrofishing).[Tongue]
[signature]
you research guys are all the same! hahahah

sm
[signature]
I caught six speices in one day at Powell a couple years ago. Largemouth, smallmouth, striper, walleye, channel cat and one puny crappie. None were trophies, but hey a good day. Like they say, the worst day fishing beats the best day at work...........

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
a great day! although i think its a little easier with warmwater species . . .

sm
[signature]
Best I've managed in one day on Fish Lake was Splake, Rainbow, Lake, Brook and Perch. I've never caught a Brown or a Cutthroat there. that sure would be one great day on the water to pull off that stunt.
[signature]
Yup the moved from the river and a handful are in fish lake now. As well as the tiger trout. But i wouldnt target them as of yet haha.
[signature]
The best I have done is Carp, Channel Cat, Mud Cat, and a Sucker all in one day. Though like we say a fish is a fish. But doesn't compare with all those trout. That would be cool to do.
[signature]
It is a good thing those tigers can't reproduce! As for most species of fish in a day. I caught a Cutt, Brown, Rainbow, Splake, Tiger Trout, Kokanee, and a sucker. All in one day and all in Porcupine Reservoir. I didn't even know there were tigers in there until that day.

Tightline
[signature]