Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why old men fish instead of hunt.
This past week I discovered why old men would rather go fishing than hunting.

Reason number three: Fishing does not require hiking rugged mountains with a heavy pack and rifle.

[inline "hunting 004.jpg"]

Reason number two: Fishing does not require sleeping several nights in 30 degree weather.

[inline "hunting 036.jpg"]

Reason number one: Fish are easier to clean than deer.

[inline "hunting 030.jpg"]

Be back on the water soon. [cool]
BaySport
[signature]
[cool]Hey BaySport, looks like you got your deer! Congrats. I went up to Ely on opening day and saw alot of does and a few bucks that were too far. I did get a shot off at one that was running away on my last day but missed. I'll be going up again this weekend to try and get one before the season closes on the 20th.
[signature]
Thanks! We had a great trip. My knees keep reminding me that fishing is easier on them than hunting. Good luck this weekend.
BaySport
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]That deer should of been a cinch after years of killing elk. We had a lot of fun but I'm with you, I would rather go fishing now any day! Oh, and another great thing about fishing is you can let everything you catch go and catch it again and you don't have to clean it![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]So who got the kill? Did Eric get it done? BTW, nice tent! LOL! [/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Eric missed two shots with his 30-06! Must admit they were tough shots. My ole 54 cal. Hawken did the trick with 100 grains of 2f blackpowder at about 65 meters. Just had to get another anamule before retiring it. Humping deer quarters uphill for about mile about killed me. It was nothing compared to the physcial requirements of the old elk hunting days! The old one pole tent is still sturdy after all these years! Worked like a champ. BTW Eric wants you to take him elk hunting.[Wink]
BaySport
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Without horses, I'll show him where the trail head is! I'll be the old guy in camp who cooks up killer Dutch oven meals for the returning hunters and shoots his elk in camp! LOL![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]