Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Berry Fine Day Indeed
It was a heat wave...with temperatures higher at the Berry than in the SL Valley. While it might not seem warm at 37 degrees, it was a hot hot hot...

The ripple on the water dressed out at 48 degrees...and I stepped into the boat at 7:45 AM. By 8 AM we'd already caught 5 Cutts with the biggest one at 24 inches...and it was the biggest fish we'd catch all day...

We threw flukes and pointer minnows in water from 0 to 20 feet, with most fish coming from around the 5 - 8 feet in the moss beds...

By the time we left to head back to the city at 1:30 PM, the air temp was a brisk 56 degrees... All in all, not a bad day on the water...

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30364;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30365;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30366;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30367;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30368;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30369;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30370;]

[signature]
Where'd you launch out of? How was the wind?

Questions, questions.

If you say it was a calm day I'm really gonna be jealous.
[signature]
gosh you just made my itch to go to the berry worse [laugh], nice report!!!
[signature]
I like to go to the Soldier creek side to launch....

And you can see in the pictures how windy it was, just a light breeze most of the day....

I did my wash on Sunday....[Wink][sly]

We will be back up there thursday as guides for some other people....

[signature]
Thanks it was a fun day....

[signature]
Those are great pix. Beautiful water. Now I'm officially jealous.

My next fish will be Sunday dawn @ J-nelle. Look for me. I'll be the one with the dirty clothes...

Have fun Thursday.
[signature]
Exellent report and nice pics. thanks for sharing. M.H.
[signature]
Wat to go Cliff, thanks for sharing your pictures. It looks like you had a great day for fishing.

AFDan52
[signature]
Nice fish. I have to commend you on the handling techniques as well. Thanks for posting the pics!
[signature]
Glad to see you got your boat back where it should be on the water not in the shop! Nice report and very jealous your out fishing while I am working!
[signature]
I don't have my boat back yet, steel waiting on the axle...

Its hard waiting when we have days like we have this week...

A fishing buddy and I was in his boat, we are heading down to Powell next week as well...

[signature]
How I handle fish depends on temps and how much they jump around when trying to handle them for hook removing and pictures...

I don't use the boga grips most of the time, some people drop them in the water too many times with out thinking....

[signature]
So, that was you in the bass boat! We had similar results, although our day started out a bit slower. Haven't been to the Berry in quite a while and it took us some time to get our bearings. We caught our fish on white tubes and minnow cranks in the same conditions and situations as you. We did better during mid-day. If you can believe it, the light breezes actually laid down about 2:00 pm. A Berry fine day, indeed.
[signature]
Witch boat was you in???

The one with four people in it out by the buoy???

Wish you would have said hi, we seen you get a few...

[signature]
Bassrods:

There were three of us in a Northwest Jet boat. We started by the rock islands and eventualy moved to fish in the Renegade and Indian Creek area. We may be there again Thurs. Will say hi if the opportunity arises.
[signature]
Any smallmouth this trip??
[signature]
We will be up there tomorrol not sure where we'll be looking to see you, good luck and catch a bunch....

[signature]
Look under the post of pictures and you will see....[Wink]

[signature]
That last one is a nice fish! Did you get a measurement on him?
[signature]
I think that one was 24" or 25" ...
[signature]