Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devil Creek Ice Fishing Derby
[size 1]The web site for this years derby is up and running. We are currently in the process of up dating the sign up page.

There are a few changes to this years derby, First, it be be one day only. January 19th There have also been a few small rule changes and clarification of rules, so if you plan on fishing with us please review the rule changes.

Entry fees will remain the same, $50 per person, however with the change to a one day event we will pay a $100 cash prize to the longest fish each half hour, this will keep the cash prize payout the same as last years two day tournament.

The web page is [/size][url "http://www.bigdogfishing.net/"][#000000][size 1]www.bigdogfishing.net[/size][/#000000][/url][size 1]
E-mail [/size][url "mailto:bigdogfishing@hotmail.com"][#000000][size 1]bigdogfishing@hotmail.com[/size][/#000000][/url][size 1] [/size]
[signature]
[font "Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][#f87c0b]18. [/#f87c0b][/font][font "Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][#f87c0b]No Alcoholic Beverages may be consumed during the tournament hours. [#000000]WHY???????? M.H.[/#000000][/#f87c0b][/font]
[signature]
17. DEVIL CREEK RESERVIOR WILL BE OFF LIMITS TO ALL CONTESTANTS FRIDAY JANUARY 19, 2007.

If the tourny is on the 19th, and no contestant is allowed to fish on the 19th, how is anyone going to win? Sounds like it's rigged.[Wink]
[signature]
[Wink] Thanks for noticing, I'll change it, should be the 18th.
[signature]
Muskyhunter asked a legitimate question and it appears no one wants to answer. There are no alcoholic beverages allowed during the derby... WHY?
This question has been asked in this forum before with no reply. Im with him.. I want to know why no alcohol is allowed. Can someone give a legitimate answer to the question? My guess is, the coordinators of the derby have a religious background that disallows that type of activity...
Any response?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Don't get your panties in a bunch. If somebody knew, it is likely he would have gotten an answer.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This is the Utah board and only a very few people here fish up there...and sometimes nobody knows why others do what they do . When somebody sets up a tournament, they have the right to make the rules. End of story. If you wanna fish under those conditions, go for it. If not, then just don't bother.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Religious beliefs may be a part of the reason. Another may be local regulations. Many lakes have alcohol restrictions, largely because of the mess of cleaning up the empties after the drunks are gone. Also, some venues have problems with people using them as a party spot. That can impact families that like to go there with the kids.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If it is a big issue, do your own research. Check with the tournament committee...and then post your findings back here.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Wackmaster already answered the alcohol question on the Idaho board a couple months ago. I would agree, I'm not aware of any professional fishing organization that allows alcohol during competition hours.

Here is wackmaster's response.

"[size 1]Our intentions are to make this a positive event for all. (We hope that all who fish will have a positive experience and fish with us next year), however, it would only take one intoxicated person, who can't control themselves, to cause problems or act inappropriately and leave a bad impression with other contestants, our sponsors, and the Fish and Game.

There are bars in town that are our sponsors and we hope you would feel free to support them (if you wish) while you are in town.

I have been fishing in Tournaments for several years, and there are no professional fishing organizations that allow alcohol during competition hours for these exact reasons. "[/size]
[signature]