Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colored line
I was wondering on some input on colored line. I've seen alot of people use it and swear by it. Myself I've always figured that In order to lure a fish to a meal you should present the meal as if it wasn't tied to anything and use clear or transperent line. Whats some other views?

D
[signature]
i use nothing but trilene xt low vis green!!!! i have used it on clear,muddy,and salt water, and have never found a better line....

from the fuzzyfisher--------------------fish on dudes

P.S danzilla clear line turn's white in the water...
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I use smoke Fire Line and Moss Spider Line. Fishing Willard, I have always connected my main line to a snap and then to my crank bait. It seemed like my moss spider line never got nearly as many hits as my fire line. I have no clue as to why. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2] [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Since I spent a little time fishing for macks on Bear Lake with BLM, I have decided to try something different this year. I'm going to put Vanish fluorocarbon leader between my main line and my lures. I think it will hide the fact that there is line pulling the lure.[/size][/font]
[signature]

Diffrent lines for different purpose!
bright lines are great for glare,bad eye sight,fish that are not difficult.
I like to use them in salt water with a clear leader.
clear lines for picky fish.
limp lines for casting.
no stretch lines for sensativity.
[signature]
I use Stren Clear Blue Easy and have not had any problems with it. I usually use 6lb test.
[signature]
does stren still make the bright orange line? i used that when it first came out in the 70's . ..man you could see that line! fish prob could too .. now for lake and stream trout fishing i use spiderwire 4lb mono . . either clear or green . . its extremely thin and really limp . .

sm
[signature]
I use Fireline in a 10lb. test. The line comes in several different colors, I use the neon green color and have never had any problems. In some instances when my clear blue stren line gets tangled up, I put on a spool of that fireline and catch just as many fish.
[signature]
I used to use that bright yellow Stren and caught a lot of bass on it. I now use the low vis green Stren and it works well. I think people put too much emphasis on line colors. Are fish so logical they can figure out 'hey, I can see that line, therefore there must be an angler attached to the other end that means me ill will'?. They have a brain the size of a pea, are they really capable of cognitive thought, or just primal instinct?. Just my $.02.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
' i swim, therefore i am ' [laugh]

i agree, just anything unnatural probably spooks 'em . .

sm
[signature]
I appreciate the views. when I posted that I should have went into detail about what line I use. When I said clear I meant not bright flouresent colors.

I use magnathin in the mossy green 4lb on my light gear and xl 8lb on my bigger gear. D
[signature]
when I use mono I like to use solar from trilene its kind of a green line but i have caught a lot of fish off of it.
[signature]
As I understand it the color of your line may not be as simple as looking at it. For instance cajun line is red. The reason it is red is that red is the first color to disappear under the water. The spectrum expiriences different changes under the water, so what we look at above water may not be the same below. Who would think red line would be effective? Flourocarbon is not much clearer than monfilament lines, it just refracts light at the same index as water and so it doesnt create the outline of a fishing line as much as monofilaments or superlines. Those bright solar green lines may not be as bright and visible as you think under water. I dont know about them. One thing with fireline is the reduced diameter and increased strength. Its smaller size allows it to have less visibility even though it may be a dark color. Its an interesting topic, but one that has more science in it than many of us may realized. Next time you are at the tackle shop and see something that just makes you wonder why, or who came up with something so stupid, there may be more there than you realize.
[signature]