Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Berry Pigs
Well we hit the Berry this morning at 8:00 and the FOG....

The water was a balmy 48 and the air was 20, we made our way through the fog to the end of the boat ramp...

There is a moss bed just out from the north side of the ramp, in the first five cast I hooked up...

But the fog moved in and tried to slow the action down,
Or should I say we got lost in the fog...[cool]

Well thanks to the GPS we found our way back to the ramp, all 300 feet...

We headed around to the south side of the ramp and ran in to Bowfin who was hooking there share of cuts...

We went all over the lake and got a fish here and there but when we got back to with in 300 yards of ramp we hit some of the biggest of the day at 7.2lb, oh did I say the fog left and we had one of the most beautiful day yet....

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30441;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30442;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30443;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30444;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30445;]
[signature]
[cool]Sounds like a sweet fish and day on the big cold pond. Any pics Cliff? Would love to see a pic of a cut that big. Haven't in a while...
[signature]
I wish I could say it was me that caught the Pig of the day, but it was my boating buddy. You couldn't beat the grin off his face. Pic's are coming as soon as TD gets them posted.
[signature]
Sounds awesome Cliff. Can't wait for the pics.
[signature]
Nice cut there! Looks warm for late Oct...
[signature]
By the time we left the temps was 66 and catching fish like the ones we got made it even hotter....
[signature]
You have to love those days!
[signature]
where you drop shotting cliff?
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#808000][size 3]Nice Browns!!![/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
they are nice fish! but i think they are bear lake cutt's.. the Berry did have some very nice browns at one time. but not after the great can of fix a lake was opened years ago! [unsure]

if i did not know they were cutt's i would have said browns as well.. no shame my friend. [sly]
[signature]
Great looking fish. After seeing your pics my wife wants to go there tomorow did you launch out strawberry marina? I plan to fish that side tomorow can you give me any tips were to go on that side?
[signature]
I don't know the names of the canyons around the lake that good but I will try to help...

Where we found most of the bigger fish was right at Soldier creek launch I would go there first, no I would launch there and fish in all the coves north and west of there and on the left side of the boat launch in the moss beds in any water 15' or less and to the south around that side ...

You want the water to be 10 to 15 feet deep under the boat and be a fair cast off shore work the MOSS beds and all points and even in some of the deeper water with white tubes, have one tube jig on a pole and if you have a follower cast the tube to it....good fishing and let us all know how you do....

Work a pointer ghost minnow in 78 or pointer bevy shad in ghost 78 in the water under 15'...
[signature]
Are there moss beds all over the berry or just certain areas? I found out tonite that my dog chewed up my transducer so hopefully it still works. Man i keep hearing about these pointer minnows do you happen to have a picture of one in one of your pics somewhere? I will post up tomorow how i did. Been a long time since i fished the berry thanks for all the info i know it will help.[Wink]
[signature]
We found most of the moss beds in Soldier creek from 400 yards south of the boat launch on north of the boat launch and back up in the cove that goes to the high way in the north end....

I don't have a picture of the Lucky craft pointer minnows in ghost 78's that I can find...Try looking for their web site...
[signature]
Nice fish! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]