Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent day on the Berry
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Fished Strawberry today with Fishhound. We launched at Renegade at about 7:30. While at the ramp, we ran into Mr. and Mrs. Muskyhunter. At first I didn't recognize Muskyhunter. Then I see the Mrs. and remembered them from the Salsa Boys Party last year. Hey you guys ... that sure was a lot bigger boat this time!

On the way through Heber, we stopped at the Maverick and ran into Road. Good to see you again Road.

Today I was in hoping to show Fishhound a good time casting pointers into the shallows. But it wasn’t to be. He talked me into doing a little jigging and I am glad he did. I only caught about 7-8 fish on hard bait today ... nothing like a few weeks ago. I caught most of my fish on a white tube jig tipped with chub. And Fishhound caught all of his fish jigging ... none on hard bait or pointers.

I caught one bow and the rest cuts. Fishhound caught two dads and the rest cuts.

Between the two of us we caught close to 30-35 fish.

On the way home, I was rolling up one of the power windows and heard a “pop”! It was my favorite trout rod getting it’s tip broke off ... Dang I hate it when that happens.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool]Ralph,
congrats on a great day out on the big cold pond with Chuck chasing slimers. That sucks about the rod tip though. Any trout over the slot today?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]OFT,

There were a few over 22 but not many. One went belly up after I did a throatasectamy on it. Luckily it was 22 and 1/16 inches long.
[signature]
Ralph sounds like you guys had a pretty good day today, you can't ask for anything better than that. Sorry to hear about your rod breaking, but I do know that feeling. Glad you had a Good time.

AFDan52
[signature]
Nice to hear you got in to them...
[signature]
[black][size 3]Ah, another great day fishing ! We could hardly have asked for better conditions. The weather was delightfull, the water was basically flat, there was an enormous full moon to start out with, some very clear water at times and in certain places (4 to 5 feet of visiblilty), and we caught fish to top it all off. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]My highlights of the day were; [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]1. while we were motoring slowly to another location, I saw a real nice cutt swimming away from the boat about 3 feet underwater and 10 feet from the boat, so I quickly grabbed my rod, tossed a jig about 8 feet in front of it and was able to catch it (almost like sight fishing with a fly rod). [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]2. Pulling up a crawdad while jigging and nearly dropping it in Old_Coots lap - his expression was priceless.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]3. Actually seeing someone catch fish with Lucky Craft Pointers. I still have not had any kind of stellar success stories with them.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]4. Great company and conversation at one of my favorite stillwater fisheries. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Thanx Old_Coot for the great day of fishing ! I didn't hear that rod tip snap - which one was it ? Bummer ! [/size][/black]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Chuck, I didn't break that rod untill I was back on the freeway after dropping you off at your place. The rod that broke was the one I did all the jigging with.

As soon as it broke I said a few swear words and then for a few minutes I felt like Bill Dance/Dunce.
[signature]