Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Blind
Went out tonight to take a look at the deer blind. I wanted to get out of the house for a while and weather was nice so thought I"d go see if I could shoot some deer with the digital camera instead of the gun for a change.

I watched a black cat make it's way across the field and into the tall grass for about a half hour and then had a couple of small deer sneak out of the swamp with Momma close behind. Then a couple more decent doe's and then a real nice maybe 4-5 year old doe. The little ones got within 20 yards of me at one point. Right at dusk there were a couple more deer right on the edge of the swamp but it was to dark to see horns or not. All I could see were a couple large shaddows and a flicker of a white tail once in a while.

The batteries died on the digital camera... I forgot to check them before heading out, so I was only able to take a couple of pictures. The deer put on a pretty good show for me. Far better than anything that could have been on tv by far. I was able to fix up the blind a bit and obviously the deer are still using the same old runs near it. So all in all it was a pretty good night.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/8266/size/big/cat/500/ppuser/53223"][Image: IMG_4032.JPG][/url]
[signature]
really nice pic , she isn't on full alert , still flickering her tail , that's a rare shot to get !!!!
Shes walking out of a transition zone into full view during daylight with no cover to hide or blend into , another big bonus for the pic !
Very , very nice shot [cool][cool][cool] !!!
[signature]
What kind of gun you using ?
are you in the shotgun zone ?
[signature]
great shot, thanks for the share...
[signature]
We are in the shotgun/muzzle loader zone over here. I just use a shotgun with slugs. Not much of a range but masive knock down power. I havn't broken down to get a muzzle loader yet because father in law has one. Once he gets his one deer he's pretty much quits for the season and lets me borrow it.

Of course the farm covers over 450 acres of private land so we could pretty much shoot anything in the arsonal and know one would know the difference.

My blind is set up on 3 way intersection of deer runs so not much need for long range shots as most of them are within 50 yards.
[signature]
Sweet !

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30692;]
Another Black powder shooter' [cool] .
[signature]
Well cool. Looks like you have 2 so that means you can borrow one of them to me.

[Wink]

My uncle went Black Bear hunting a couple years ago. All he had was his muzzle loader and a 12 inch bowie knife. Dude has some big brass balls if you ask me. If I went bear hunting I'd be packing far more than just one shot. I'm thinking I'd use up a full clip, reload and empty the thing again !!! (and Yes he got a bear, he shot and it took 2 steps and dropped 30 yards from where he shot) INSANE !!!
[signature]
Insane is right [crazy] !
Not me , nooooooo wayyyyyyyyy !
That bottom gun isn't nicknamed Ol' unreliable for nuttin ' [laugh] .
click , click , click , pop , wait a minute and boom !!!!!
[signature]
dont have any pic's to share, but I have been out every day, aside from rain wind snow and cold, I seen all kinds of critters, blue birds, blue jays, robins crow squrils of all kinds hawks owl ants moths 3 tom turkeys and after 5 days of sittin my but sore, I finaly see me a couple deer, a small doe and a fawn.... woo hoo...
[signature]
Set up the targets yesterday to fine tune the sights in .
Heading over to put the stands up this afternoon .
Roosterfish and I are all set for thursday , was hoping the youngest kid was wanting to go out but she just isn't ready I guess , all in good time .
[signature]