Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear lake question
so i will be at the bear this weekend and was wondering if there is any opportunity for some shore fishin(and hopefully catching)?

anybody wanna help a brotha out???
[signature]
I caught some cutts off cisco beach with green pb and trout gravy. I also caught the best fish of the day on a large red/white daredevil. Not very good shore fishing imo.[Wink]
[signature]
You can catch fish from the shore around the marina , but you would be better off gettingout in a boat to the deeper water . My opinion.

AFdan52
[signature]
go straight off the pay station on Cisco Beach using big spoons and you can cast into about 80'of water. Plan on loosing some hardware shore fishing from the bank!!M.H.
[signature]
spoons huh? sounds like i will need to hit the tackle shop. any certain colors work better than others? any action on rapalas or any thing like that?
[signature]
I have cought them on lots of diffrent colors rainbow, orange/brass,yellow they are my top choices for spoons.M.H.
[signature]
You'll have to let me know how you do. I have never caught a blasted thing from shore at BL except a stinkin carp.
[signature]
i will definitely try cisco beach. my girlfriends cabin is right by the main marina though.....anything happnin over thatta way????
[signature]
I have fished the breakwater year round and it is a hit or miss thing. Evenings and early mornings are your best times. MEPPS spinners #5 in silver have been my go to setup but I have caught some on pixies and daredevils as well. If you are after the whites then small curly tail grubs (pearl white or black) with a piece of nightcrawler.

Cisco beach area is a good place for long lining a cisco and WAIT! I have chunked lot's of tackle there but loose it more than not. Lot's of rocky shorline.......
[signature]