Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helpful aid
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3][cool]Earlier this year I purchased a head cement applicator. It was a good investment as it not only saves me time but I can place the cement where I want it and in a quantity required. Oh yea I don't have to battle the jar to open it after becoming stuck from glue adhering to the rim.[/size][/green][/font]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30714;][/center]
[signature]
...for some odd reason or the other I bought one of these a while back and have to agree with DR.. this thing has gotten tossed around all over the place and I have not lost one drop of cement nor has it dried up..
[signature]
I have had several. It must be me but the pin kept getting stuck, even break off at times. And if that hole seals up...fagedaboutit
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Don't know whether this will help or not but I always wipe the pin and tube clean before relpacing the pin.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
FG wrote:
[size 1]I have had several. It must be me but the pin kept getting stuck, even break off at times. And if that hole seals up...fagedaboutit [/size]

[#0000bf]The devil's advocate says you are not tying often enough.[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]I have never used one but I put head cement only on flies that I think will last a long time such as complicated dry flies like the Stimulator. Most nymphs that I fish near the bottom I know I am likely to loose before the thread head gives way. [/#0000bf]
[signature]
...I dont use mine as much as you do but have had it for almost a year and have not had it clog.. maybe Im just lucky.. or its just lack of use.. maybe Im just to new to know the difference......Lord knows I have not tied enough to begin to form an opinion...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]