Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Boat
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Well, I just got back home and brought my new boat home. No, she's not new just new to me. Thought you guys might want to have a gander. She's a 1999 20' Gregor Super Sea Hawk with a Johnson 115 HP Ocean Pro outboard. She's fully loaded with sonar, GPS, and VHF radio, not ot mention a few other goodies.[/size][/font] [center][Image: new_boat.jpg][/center]
[signature]
have rip-n-lips install a micro brewery in that baby!

[crazy]

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Very Very nice BLM. I'm glad you brought her home to Utah. I love my little 14' Gregor but I don't think it'll hold a candle to yours. That Gregor has definately found a good home. You're a compliment to that boat just as the boat is to you.[/size][/font]
[signature]
You lucky dog you!!I am very jealous."BIG FISH RULE"M.H.[Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Hey BLM, Looks like you got yourself a winner there. Nice rig.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice boat there.... but a cardinal sin here, you got no trolling motor on the front!!!! Hey its a nice boat you got there... looks like a mini-whaling boat. You gotta slap those BFT stickers on that baby!
[signature]
Nice lookin rig BLM. Im sure it will get acquainted with some macks real soon for ya.
[signature]
SWEEEEEET!

That rig is built strictly for fishing! I will keep my eyes peeled for that yacht when i am up on the bear. Nice purchase!
[signature]
Nice boat. Where you taking her first?
[signature]
You are right walleye paul. Its unfortunate that it doesnt include a bow mount electric and the reason why is because if it had one, it would be like the engine on the rear, Salt water series.

All stainless steel parts built to resist the nastiest of corrosion.

See, that way if it had one, I could talk him into selling it to me.

As it is though BLM has one sweet boat with the best of the best class engine (salt water) and what looks to be a zillion rod holders in various locations around the boat.

Lets see if he can come up with a big enough anchor to hold that bad boy down in four foot swells. Hee hee.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'd need a 6' shaft length for an electric troll motor to hit the water from the bow! Could happen...[/size][/font]
[signature]
Let's see some pics of the inside of this yacht!
[signature]
[size 2]Nice rig! Where did you have to go to pick it up?[/size]

[size 2]You can always get a transom-mount electric. Or get a gas kicker and backtroll for precision when following contours. Plenty of walleye guys backtroll and forego the electric bow-mount.[/size]

[size 2]Get her on the water and run some Sea Foam through her, change the plugs (just to be sure), and get some fresh gas in her.[/size]
[Wink] Sweet boat BLM! Look out macs, he coming to get ya! How much does a rig like that costs anyways?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]She's going into the shop tonight for a full engine tune-up and service. I want her perfect to start out. Also the kicker motor is here (Mercury 4-stroke 15 hp) and will be installed next week when the controls get here. You'll be able to control the kicker from the front console; electric start, throttle control and gear shifting. The kicker doesn't even have a tiller handle.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I bought her in the LA area. The guy who owned her used her to halibut drift a 1/2 mile from his house. I wanted a boat that could take about anything thrown at you around here in Utah and still fish the coast. I'll have her in SF Bay this June for 10 days fishing for stripers, rockcod, and halibut. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Fishman, she cost about $9000 under new cost. I know, I was going to go new until I found this one. Clean, one owner. So all the extra money I "saved" (ha!) by buying used will buy all toys for her![/size][/font]
[signature]
Wow, what a set-up, you should be ready for anything when you get it all together. I'm sure you'll be able to have a lot of years of fishing from her. Are you planning on giving her a name? WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#122629][size 3]Funny you should ask that. I am going to give her a name, [/size]“Boomerang”[size 3]. My great grandfather was a pioneer in early aviation. He built and flew an air ship and barnstormed across the country in it. It was called the “Boomerang”. Also I like the significance to the name. The boomerang, in the hands of a skilled thrower, always returns. Hopefully the boat will be the same. It’ll need a skilled sailor though… [/size][/#122629][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Ya know what they say don't ya?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]"If you buy a Gregor, it's the last boat you'll buy"[/size][/font]
[signature]
[#ff0000]Wowser, You've got to wear shades anywhere near that ride! Look at that shine! Ya' know, one accessory that I really enjoy, that I don't see mentioned here on the boards - ever - are some nice seat covers. You know what I'm sayin', BIKINI BABES! When I get my new "old" boat put together, with much thanks to many here at BFT, I'll see if I can post a pic with my favorite accessory! [/#ff0000]

[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Technical"][#0000a0][size 3]Wow that is a beautiful boat BLM, that ought to keep you out on the water when conditions are less than perfect. I am sure we will see lots of trophy pics from the bow of that beauty. You may need a telephoto lense though that is a long way from front to back. Great boat.[/size][/#0000a0][/font]
[signature]