Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brother's Buck
My brother Brad took a nice buck opening day. From a half mile Brad watched it bed down just as it was getting light enough to see. He kept an eye on it for an hour to make sure it did not move and then came over to find me. I was able to find him in the spotting scope and recognized him as a buck I call Charlie. Pictures #1 and #2 show Charlie bedded down.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30893]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30894]

We moved a little closer and ranged him at 450 yards. I stayed there to watch him and Brad circled around the mountain to approach Charlie from above. Picture #4 shows Brad about 150 yards from Charlie.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30895]

Picture #5 shows Brad about 100 yards from Charlie.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30896]

Picture #6 shows Brad and Tyler about 60 yards above Charlie.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30897]

Finally at less than 30 yards Charlie winded Brad and started to run down hill. Brad took a 40 yard shot and hit Charlie on the run but it was little far back. He is a great buck. Including the kicker Charlie is about 29" wide and I came up with a rough score of 168" gross.

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30898]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30899]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=30900]
[signature]
Nice story Brian, Thanks for the extra work on the photos, great job on a great buck.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]That's a nice buck! Congrats to your brother.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Sweet, I often wondered how you all hunted brush country over that way, I have never seen brush country let alone hunt there..

Thanks... Outstanding presentation...
[signature]