Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake Hey a Bass angler is born! (Clif, you would be proud!)
Yesterday went fishing at Lindon harbor, and ran into Clif who stayed for a short time and left. (He had to go to his boy's baseball game) I was left alone for a little while (2 hours) I caught three largemouth bass, and I was very thrilled to see the size!

Here's the thing, the last bass I caught, there were two young teenager who had the wrong equipment (trout equipment with only 4 pound line). They saw me reel in the 3rd LMB and they were agast at the size and the technique I used to catch it. One of the boys said it was the first time he has ever seen a largemouth. They went back to their pathetic fishing... and I felt sorry for them as I was about ready to leave, I gave them two of my secret lure, and I help set their lines up. They were very happy that a guy was able to offer them tips and gift of my lures. I taught them to do the right thing as to go slow and raise the rod just abit. I don't know if they caught anything as I left for home (I hear the dinner bell ringing) They are here to have fun fishing. I hope they caught bass, and got rid of trout outfit... A [angelic] Bass Angler is Born!!!!!!!
[signature]
A little edumacatin of the young uns is always good. I remember the first largie I ever caught. The real question though is did you give them the real gift? Did you plug BFT to them? [laugh] Sorry, just had to throw that in.

Its always nice to see more of our resident anglers get some diversity. I for one still enjoy a good day on the trout water, but cant imagine a life without multispecies fishing. I love catching everything from bluegill to lake trout and everything in between. I have met very few guys who wouldnt enjoy a good day of fishing no matter what the species.

I have yet to meet a guy who caught a wiper and said "I dont think I will ever try for those again." Theres so many amazing fish out there and so many different tasting fish out there for anglers to enjoy.
[signature]
May good karma follow you now for the entire summer. Even us older kids need some good guidance from time to time. But to help some kids out, even better. I am new to this whole bass/ walleye thing and it is exciting. Cant wait to get my floater working to get out to expound on my excitement for my new found aspects in fishing. I try and spend some time to help the younger kids out in fishing. Some times I spend more time helping young kids out than fishing on my own. But I feel karma has treated me very well for it!!!!
[signature]
I agree Predator. I enjoy catching what ever is biting. I am strictly a catch and release kinda person. But like I always say a fish is a fish. We don't go fishing any more we go catching.
[signature]
I agree, I love all fish. I bass fish a lot, but also flyfish the streams and troll the lakes for trout, get a little walleye action in, stripers at Powell, macks and koks at the Gorge, cats on the Green and Utah Lake, pike on the Green. Caught a few tiger musky and crappie from Pineview. I even love it when a big carp tears up my gear from time to time. I even hit the Pacific a couple times a year. Variety is the spice of life. I have even accidently caught a few pikeminnows (formerly Colorado squawfish). If you ever get the chance, these are one of the most hard fighting beasts I've ever hooked. I love em all, even that bug eyed gold fish in my daughters aquarium. It is a wonderful affliction...................

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]