Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waders
I have to get some new waders for warmer waters. I live in central MS. I can't spen $200.00 for em. I've been using low end Hodgman. What do you guys think is the best for the money ( Hodgman Wadelite, Stearns also Cabela's Backcountry II Dry-PlusĀ® Waders)
Thanks
OWL
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome to the playroom. If you are in MS, you don't need waders. You need armor. There are nasty snakes in them there waters. Maybe a gator or two also?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Seriously, how cold/warm will the water be when you are tubing? If it gets below 60 in the colder months, you might consider getting some thin neoprenes. While the Hodgman Wadelites are not good waders...and leak a lot...the Hodgman neoprenes are both inexpensive and hold up well. You should be able to get a pair for under $75. You can wear them in water up to 70 or so, with just a light cotton layer underneath. And, aftet the water warms above 70 or so, you can fish wet...unless there are health issues...like swimmers itch.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you still want/need light waders...for less than $100, look at some of the ones made by Columbia. I have been wearing Columbia "Streamlite" waders for about two years and no leaks so far. They have a good cut for tubers too...not too tight in the ankles in case you want to add some layers. If you have a Sportsmans Warehouse in your area, check for them there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]After that, it is pretty much a matter of personal experience and individual opinions. Of course, if you had all the money in the world and nothing else to spend it on, we would recommend getting top of the line Simms. They are great quality and last forever.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[url "http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?p=WX2&i=112091"]http://www.sportsmansguide.com/...x?p=WX2&i=112091[/url]

TubeDude
Would these qualify?
I'm planning to use them in the spring.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Better than the wadelites. I haven't heard many reviews yet, but the writeup looks good.[/#0000ff]
[signature]