Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
otter creek/piute 11/21
Got to Otter Creek about 9am. 17degrees and cloudy. The boat ramp was icy so I didn't launch my boat. Fished the shore for an hour with a Jakes, no luck. There were some people fishing the point across from the State park that caught one fish with bait while I was there. The park ranger said that bait fishing from shore had been fairly good, better than trolling. I gave up and headed to Piute. I fished the shore for about an hour at Piute before the wind made me rethink. I caught three rainbows, all about 18" and fat. There was a couple of guys from Las Vegas bait fishing by the state park. They caught two rainbows around 5lb. each while I was there. Very nice fish. Powerbait seems to do the trick. I'm not above using bait, but I didn't even bring any along. The temperature never got above 22 degrees and there was ice along the shore of both Piute and Otter Creek. Both lakes are really low.
[signature]
Cant wait for otter creek to ice up its good fishing there.The fat bows bite really good at the points when its iced up. Did you use any lures i have had more bite with lures than bait fishing.
[signature]