Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PIER FISHING STRIPE BASS/ BLACK FISH BAIT
NYC Pier fishing Strippers not biting clams any suggestion/ Black fish also[Sad]
[signature]
What kind of bait do you have in the water there?

Normally the Stripers will go for Anchovy.[cool]
[signature]
Stripers usually dig large chunks of fresh cut bait or live mullet. Any kind of small live bait fish should do the trick though. I've never known a preditory fish like a Striper to pass up an offering like a live Whiting or a fresh piece of cut bunker. [cool] If you get the big 50+ pound guys like the surf along the NC coast holds, you'll be in for a ride. [Wink] Catch one for me.
[signature]
I fish this area from belmar to montauk. I throw artificials, I do real well with top water walking baits the louder the better, especially this time of year. The Storm Wild Eyes also do well. But cut bait will work too, use large bunker or manhadden call it what you will. Strippers prefer the head, and cut on an angle for some reason. hope this helps. Ps. try fishing the beach and the jetti at Breezy pt. It is an awesome fall fishery. Early fall Albies run right off the beach.
[signature]
Thanks for the tip I will try it. Fishing the Piers here in Astoria New York,nothing biting Yet..dead

thanks again
[signature]