Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
10 question survey on GPS units
[Image: trinvite_06.jpg] [font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#8c0001]
A Chance to Receive a $350 Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's Gift Card
[/#8c0001][/font]

[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#816737]Your experience with the outdoors is valuable to us, and we'd like you to take a 10 question survey on GPS units. Upon completion, you'll be entered for a chance to win a $350 gift card or one of our other great prizes. Details below.[/#816737][/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#816737][url "http://64.216.187.76/ws/wsb.dll/s/7gd2?wsb9=58"]http://www.trophyresearch.com/GPS[/url]

[/#816737][/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#816737]It is people like you that help the industry change for the better. Please take a couple of minutes and complete the survey. You have a great chance to win.

[/#816737][/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#816737]1-First Place Prize - $350.00 Bass Pro Shops or Cabela's Gift Card. Your choice.

10-Second Place Prizes - Knight & Hale slate calls. $19.95 Retail

[/#816737][/font]
[font "Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][#816737]This survey will be active until December 11th, so don't delay. You will be notified of winning via email within 14 days. Prizes will be sent out within 4 to 6 weeks. Thanks again for being part of "The Inner Circle of The Great Outdoors".[/#816737][/font]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
350 bucks will buy me downriggers for the new boat i'm going to get. [cool]
[signature]
That little GPS thing is neat! I did the survey. Wonder if they would be selling them any time soon, if so how do we find out?
[signature]
What I dont know is what is going to happen when they get 50 guys in the middle of the woods with 50 different units...

are they all going to have different signals?

I do like the concept, imagin women being able to find their cars after they come out of the mall... Opps cant use that excuse any more... LOL[sly] but I guess the same thing could apply to finding the car after coming out of a foot ball game...[pirate][sly]
[signature]
I was wondering about the cabin unit as well, I mean will we have one base unit in the cabin/camp and a dozen pocket units to bring every one home again?

and lets say one of our guys gets stuck out in the wild, will we be able to check his location with a reverse search from the cabin/camp unit?
[signature]
""What I dont know is what is going to happen when they get 50 guys in the middle of the woods with 50 different units...

are they all going to have different signals?""

[black]Sounds like we all would wanna know about that too! [/black]
[black]Last two weeks ago I was out bowhunting and looking around at the same time. Spot a nice tree straight up without any limbs in the way all the way up. Wanted to go back to my truck and get the climbing stand and come back to this tree..... I turned around and "back track" but I kinda got lost in those tight packed low trees and brushes. I happened to spot those glowing thumb tacks that were pinned at eye level to get you back to the parking lot by someone else as to help them get out of there at dusk. I had to give up hunting in that area as I had already made too much noise and left my scent all over.... that little GPS would had been a helping hand for me.[/black]
Do any one of you guys have those GPS and how do u guys like them?
[signature]
I have a garmin hand heald, it has a path tracker, I can mark at least a couple hundred locations.

it is not the unit on the servey, if I find a spot in the woods I like I dont have to wory about marking my way in or out. I can find my way in the dark with this unit...

set back is, it is the size of a transister raidio, for you young bucks who have never heard of a transistor radio, use a cheep digital camera as a refferance size.

when weight is a factor, with batteries about a pound.

the one in the servey has an advantage, size, and size is a major factor, it looks like it could go on a zipper or gun belt hat pin...ect...

this unit may work as simple as marking where you are standing in camp or by your car, turning it off, and when you get to your spot in the woods and you sit there till after sunset you can turn it back on for a homing becon.

when I go out now, I have my gps coordinants emailed to some one just in case I dont make it back or call to let them know where I am they can send some one out to find me...

so to answer your question, yes I like it before it has even come out on the market.... It has some deffenat advantages...

now they all have a diSadvantage, no matter what the price of the unit you buy, that is interfearance, solar flairs, dence cover like trees buildings, electrical transformers, heavy heavy cloud cover...

how ever, even during times of dence cover it is at the vary least a lighted compus wich will eventualy get you back to a road.
[signature]
Looks like a good unit. I like that it was small enough to put in your pocket. It's easy to get turned around in the woods. Espically on unfilmilar trails.

If you normally don't take anything with you in the woods do yourself a favor and ALWAYS ALWAYS at least carry a cigarette lighter. 89 cents can save your life. Boil water... keep warm...stay alive.
[signature]