Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laguna Niguel Trip
Check with our Bowana TubeN2...
It now looks like we are fishing at Laguna Nigel Lake south of the 5 fwy and Sand Canyon. There is a Micky D's just to the North of the lake entrance. I'm thinking 6:00 am for breaky or at least coffee.[Wink] Utah trout, Largemouth Bass. Crappie, Catfish are all ready and willing...As am I.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Too long of a commute for me. And heck, I already got all that here in Utah.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck you guys. I'll be there in spirit...90 proof.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Come on. I would go fish in Utah if you invited me. The Green sounds good...[Wink] I guess what I would really like is a Tiger Muskie, and I've never caught a Lake Trout so Flaming Gorge might be a requirement. Can we catch Paddlefish there? I think those are in Montana, never snagged one of those either. How much time do you have??? [cool]
[signature]
good golly you do attach pictures of some great looking fish.. [Smile]
[signature]
That little Brownie was from the Green River. It was caught on an Atomic ant on a three weight with a 9x leader at the get out spot for the first days drift. The Guide said it had been there for days and nobody could catch it, too wary. It took about twenty casts, from my knees. Gentle rise and, another nice pic.
[signature]
a little fish is that bluegill I caught at corona.. [sly].. that is a nice looking fish...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Come on over. Lotsa time for fishing. So many waters and fish, it becomes stressful trying to decide which direction to point my vehicle at times.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Not difficult to hook tigers from the tube. The difficulty is in keeping them from biting through the line and then handling them without damage to either the fish or yourself. They are pretty wimpy for their size and temperament. Gotta treat 'em gently so they survive the release.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Also not difficult to catch macks from a tube. The big issue is finding a calm enough day that you can launch and fish out in the deep enough areas without getting shanghaied by the sudden heavy winds that come up on the big lakes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The invitation is always open. [/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks TubeDude. I fished Flaming Gorge for three nights jigging grubs and spoons over deep trout I metered by the dam. These marks were in 60 to 120 feet of water. I caught a few Kokes and some open water Smallmouth but not the grand Mackinaw. Similar thing happened in Sept. at Prosser Creek Res. by Tahoe. Me and the Macks are not seeing eye to eye. On being gentile with the fish, we have small WhiteSeabass here in our local bays. They seem to do OK if you just don't touch them. I reach out with my 9 inch hemos and pop the hooks out with a little twist. If my reaction time was too slow...cut the hook and say bye bye to that lucky fish. The pic is a standard Muskie I caught in Ohio on my very first cast Muskie fishing.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]NO NO NO! You are doing it all wrong. Don'tcha know that muskies are a fish of 10,000 casts? Maybe for some people but I know guys that catch several on an average trip.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Macks are not an ideal target for tubers. Better to have big boats with all the sensitive sonar...and then get lucky too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]