Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay?
My brother in law and i are going to hit Willard Bay on sunday, and was wondering if anyone could give us directions on how to get there. Also what has been working for wipers. We will be fishing off his boat, and this will be my first time so it should be alot of fun.
[signature]
You came to the right place to get those questions answered my friend. there has been quite a bit of talk about willard the past few days on the board, Tom P. wrote a good report about a week ago if you can find it.

if you can't find anything in the posts I'm sure one of the many Willard and wiper gurus of this site would help you out.
[signature]
Like Chef said look for the last post by Tom P to get your answer for what to use. We were there yesterday but had no luck, we were trolling at 2.5 to 3.0 mph and using Rapala's and the Producer lure and a few others. You can go to the north or south marina, I will tell you how to get to the north marina. Go north on I-15 past Ogden until you get to the town of Willard( not sure of the exit # ) get off at this exit and go under the over pass of the freeway, turn left at the first road after the freeway entrance. You will see the entrance to the north marina, after you pay your $9.00 fee drive straight ahead and you will see the launch area on the right( close to a mile drive ). Let us know how you do and good luck. WH2
[signature]
Be sure to also check out the

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=86;"][size 1]Willard Bay Fish Report Archives[/size][/url] on the Utah Forum.
[signature]
Fathernlaw has been there since daylight and has trolled his butt off with everything and no luck at all.
[signature]
We fished Willard Bay today, it was very slow in the moring. Wipers started biting around 12:30. We caught 8 wipers trolling from 2 to 3 mph. Water temperature was 55 degrees in the afternoon. Fish are scattered, look for fish stacked up on the fish finder in about 16 foot of water.

MackAttack
[signature]
Anyone haveing luck with the wipers from shore or the marinas?
[signature]
What area of the lake were you fishing MackAttack? WH2
[signature]
I fished Willard yesterday from the shore of the south marina. Flipped jigs for awhile with no luck so decided to go for some cats. Caught alot of cats pretty small. I did get one that was about 1 1/2 lbs.I had a bite on my worm and low and behold it was the infamous wiper. He was pretty good sized and gave a good fight[ I love my 6lb stren] Landed him. There were alot of people fishing the bank and throwing jigs but did not see anyone catching wiper.
[signature]
Went out last night to give the boat its spring test run, and to fish for some wipers. We trolled around the feed lot, then around the island, and back to the south marina. I only caught 1 fish, it was a carp. This is the first time I've ever caught a carp by the mouth while trolling. We tried a variety of lures, trolled from 2.5-3.3 MPH. Only had one other hit all night. Didn't graph many fish at all. Talked to a few other anglers both from boats and from the shore, and no one seemed to be catching many fish. I did get a chance to try out the new church tackle mini-mag planers. They worked really well. Once we got above about 3.2 MPH they did some skipping, but all in all, they were a pleasure to fish with.
[signature]
We started fishing in by the light pole and long the north dike. Later in the day we went south of the island and found several groups of fish in 16 feet of water, but they were on the move after catching fish out of one group they would move off, and we would search for another group.

MackAttack
[signature]