Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FREE FIELD & STREAM!!!
Be sure to check out the product testers board.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=80"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=80[/url];

BFT sponsors are giving away 5000 free 2 year subscriptions to Field & Stream. Lets get most of them sent right here to UTAH!
[signature]
I signed up for my free issues of F&S, what a deal. Thanks for the heads up Ruger. WH2
[signature]
Woohoo!! Can't go wrong with free stuff. [Smile]

Thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
I had a subscription to F&S for years. It changed too much. The last year I had it was 1998 I think. Most of the magazine is mountain climbing, mountain biking and ads. They strayed too far away from hunting and fishing. The only hunting and fishing magazine that has stayed true to its roots is Outdoor Life. Sports Afield and Field and Stream are still great magazines for the all around outdoorsman, don't get me wrong, they just aren't hunting and fishing magazines anymore. My opinion.

walleyebob
[signature]
I did one of these free issues promotional offers six months ago with Salt Water Sportsman magazine. After the free issues, they started demanding money for the subscription. I didn't like the mag and declined. They sent it to a collection agency and started calling my house. Never again. I'm not saying that's what the Field and Strean offer is, but be careful.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Hello Guys,

Kayote, I understand your concern but this is 2 years absolutely free, with no obligation. Before we posted this I checked it out pretty througouly. I believe this is more about increasing membership to charge advertisers more money (because of larger circulation), not to increase subscriber revenue. Although I am not sure of that, I am sure that you are absolutely not obligated to do or buy anything to recieve your 2 years free and I have a signed contract that no subscriber information will be sold.

Just wanted to let you know. I signed up for it myself and wasn't a huge fan of F&S but think its worth giving it a shot.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
The Angler,

I'm sure this is likely on the up and up. F&S is a reputable company and I used to subscribe for years. However, the Salt Water Sportsman one also insisted it was no obligation and absolutely free with no strings. I just was Angry that I got burned.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Hello Koyote,

I understand, just thought I'd let you know what I knew.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
I subscribed to F&S years ago when they made the change to climbing and stuff but recently I got a free copy and found out that they lost so many customers that they went back to the old format with hunting and fishing. I hope that I'm not confusing F&S with Sports Afield, I think Outdoor Life bought the company. Hey Bob we need to get together and do some fishing. WH2
[signature]
ruger,THANX FOR THE 411 ON THE MAG!!! -TIBBZZ-
[signature]
Hey Walleyebob you might want to give a another look. They have strayed bak to their old format. Like you I gave them up for the same reasons. Last year the wife ordered me a subscription as a present. They have new editors and are a respectable rag again. IMO

Road
[signature]
i got my first free field and stream magazines today!

yeeeee haaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww

[cool]

sm
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I signed up and haven't got anything yet![unsure] Guess I'll keep waiting...[/size][/font]
[signature]
I got two issues today also, isn't this site great. I also received an advertisement trying to get me to subscribe to F&S, at $19.00 a year and that was 60% off. Free is a better deal. WH2
[signature]
no mag yet for me either! What's the deal, I want free stuff too. Patience I guess.
[signature]
WB, I had the same experence with F&S. But I wrote to the editor like many others. You ought to give it a try again. You may be surpised at the cahnge now. I know that I have been and FB2 just loves the mag now.
[signature]