Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amended Title: They might be draining Scofield!
I heard from a guy that I work with who heard from a guy that works for Golden West in Price that they are draining Scofield this year to put in a cofferdam and then going to refill it just to empty it again next year to take the other dam. Is any of this true and why would they do such a thing.
If that's true I would really be furious[mad], and then Sad[unsure], and then I'd realize it was further encouragement for me to try new places. But dang that would suck. Big time.

You should re-name this "They might be draining Scofield!", and then see how many people will reply to this post.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]That would really suck. Here is the link for the environmental assessment of the proposed Scofield Dam modifications. It looks to me like they say they will not lower the water levels appreciably and cause no significant impact. Take a look.If they are planning to drain Scofield, it seems to me they would need another environmental impact assessment, wouldn't they?[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[url "http://www.usbr.gov/uc/envdocs/ea/scofield/index.html"][font "Times New Roman"][size 3]http://www.usbr.gov/uc/envdocs/ea/scofield/index.html[/size][/font][/url]
[signature]
They are not planning to lower scofield any more than it is now. The work being done is a new bridge and repairs to the spillway. The water level was dropped so they could build a bypass road on the water side of the dam, for access while the old bridge is being rebuilt. The temporary access road is finished and will be opened mid march of next year.
[signature]
Thanks for the info I was wordering why they would want to put in another dam. But I can see them lowering the level enough to fix a part of the dam and the bridge.
[signature]