Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNR deer hunt survey online
Now that many deer hunters have finished their deer hunting for this year, the DNR wishes to invite all deer hunters to report their deer hunting activity online. The information that you provide will help us to evaluate hunter success and total harvest. You can report your hunting activity by visiting the DNR Web site at [url "https://secure1.state.mi.us/deersurvey/"]https://secure1.state.mi.us/deersurvey/[/url].

Hunters should only complete the survey after their season has ended. Remember, it's important for all deer hunters to participate, even if they do not hunt or harvest a deer.

Survey results will be posted on our Web site as soon as they are available.
[signature]
In the survey they asked if you hunted the late antlerless season. Huh? Really? I had no idea they had that. Looks like my days in the woods arn't quite over yet cuz the private property I hunt is ON THE MAP>. wooooo hoooooooo.

........ I know it just antlerless, but if that spike horn buck that I clipped comes limping along he's toast. Sssshhhh... ...don't tell.

I figure better to harvest him instead of letting him suffer and die over the winter.

Late [/url][#008000] Firearm Antlerless Deer Season
[/#008000][#000000]A late antlerless deer hunting season will take place on private land in some Lower Peninsula DMUs from Dec. 17, 2007 through Jan. 1, 2008. The DMUs that will be open are shaded on the map (follow the link below). Hunters must have a valid antlerless deer license (or DMA permit) for one of the open DMUs with an unused kill tag issued in their name to participate in this hunt. Deer may be taken with a bow and arrow or firearm. The regular unit/land restrictions for antlerless licenses apply.
[/#000000]
[#008000][#000000][size 2]Note: [/size][/#000000][font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 2][#000000]DMA permits are not stand-alone licenses. To hunt deer with a DMA permit, you must have purchased a regular firearm, combination, archery or antlerless deer license for the season in which you are hunting.[/#000000]
[/size][/font][url "http://www.michigan.gov/images/06late_firearm_deer_166287_7.jpg"][#800080][font "Arial, Helvetica"][size 2]Late Firearm Antlerless Deer Season Map[/size][/font] [/#800080][/url][/#008000]
[signature]
glad I could be of service. [cool]

just remember dont go there and fill it out untill your hunting season is over...
[signature]
Lucky you [cool] !

Ihave the muzzle and the rest of bow left , had I known that my hunt was going to turn out like this I would of dropped one of those 4 points during october , I'm freezing my nuggies off up here !!!!
I'm in a no doe area , wouldn't ya' know it the doe population is doing great it's the bucks that need a break !
[signature]
Wooden hunting shack.... 3 BIG windows to watch out while you sit next to the propane heater.... Yeah that's the way to do it.

Most people think the heater smell (i'm sure there is one) would scare off the deer but nope. Doesn't seem to bother them at all. Grandpa even used his this year right out in the open next to his favorite "tree & bucket" hunting spot and he had deer come right up to him. (One of which he put in the freezer). Maybe they are just use to it around here, not sure.

So there ya go.... start training your deer. Put propane heaters out in the field. Let the deer get use to them. That way you'll be all set for next year !!!
[signature]
oddly enough , I have the same kinds of blinds on the property but i'm using my 1 man pop-up ice fishing shanty . the old blinds are in need of a rebuild . The roofs have caved in , coons and mice have taken them over , and the neighbors have placed their shacks within site distance of mine , could be because of the food plots i've planted over the last few years .
The fishing shanty keeps the wind off my back , but blows around alot .
Yep , new shacks next year with some type of heat .
[signature]
[center][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/7778/size/big/cat/602"][Image: DSCN0608.JPG][/url][/center][center] [/center] [left]here is the one my dad used, 4 big windows to look out, "almost a full 300 degrees". the slightest bit of sun heats up the building.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]can be bult on the ground, this one was put on a trailer then when in placed the trailer was put up on blocks and the wheels removed to qualify as a raised platform and not a mobile vehical...[/left] [left] [/left] [left]granted this one is only raised a foot and a half above the ground, I set it beside a bush which more than compensates... [/left] [left] [/left] [left]I am looking for one of a couple old heaters, I too dont beleive it is the smell, they smell it every where they go now adays, propain, deasel, kerosene... it is the sound I think they dont like.[/left] [left] [/left] [left]I hunted with an old timer when I was about 16 and he sat of a five gallon bucket, which he packed his lunch, thermos, roll of white paper, kindling and a peice of coal and a one gallon coffee can he used for his heating stove. He smoked ate and did his business right where he was, he always came back to get help in dragging one out... [/left] [left] [/left] [left]any way, he had a propain stove, looked similar in shape to a regulator. square, flat sides and top with a couple side holes. dimentions are 12 inches wide, 15 inches high, 8 inches deep. it stands on the floor. we used it to heat the van... Ya open flame in side of a closed van,,, "Red neck city" [Tongue] [/left] [left] [/left] [left]man ya talk about the dangers of that contraption, but I guess it all depended on the user... of corse a leaky gas tank in the van could have given us all angle wings for christmas....[/left] [left] [/left] [left]what I liked about that heater is the metal was of heavy enough gage you can put a pan on top of it and heat soup, or a sandwich in a foil rap...[/left] [left] [/left] [left]the propain heaters we have now make enough noise to stampeed a heard of elliphants. and burns way to much fuel. one twenty pound tank would last us all gun season long... no we didnt burn it all day, we just lit it up to worm up cause back then we had two feet of snow on opening day of deer season in southern michigan... [/left] [left] [/left] [left]I will try to draw a picture of it andpost it later.[/left]
[signature]