Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly starting a weekend tourney in Alamitos bay
I know that theres a lot of tubers that tube the bay and I know tubin chris would go. But i was wondering if we could get a group of guys and do like a tourney circut kinda like Kiyos but in the Bay only. We could do multi species, have a pot each week and make up some other stuff.
[signature]
[Wink][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]HECK YA!! i will be there like every weekend and will be there to enter. I've have so many places there. man it will be soo cool! later see ya on the flip side![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 4]-chris[/size][/font]
[signature]
why isnt anyone answereing???

Aaron
[signature]
if you could bring the crowd up this way I will see if we cant put together an event here in michigan.
[signature]
[Smile]We are having a tournament this Saturday inside Alamitos Bay. (I think it's there!?)[laugh][laugh][laugh] I'll have to contact Steve tomorrow to see exactly where it's at.
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]aww so cool! arron, joe, greg, jes and i are going there this weekend! hopefully we can get out there! later[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL!!

Does that mean that you will show us how to catch those stupid little smelt off of that dock there??????

Cooooooooooooooooooooool

We'll probably be there on Saturday and I think Im goin to try live choves if they have them at Big FIsh.

Hope to see you there
Aaron
[signature]
Aaron,

Mothers Beach is a hit and miss for the smelts. Best time for them over there is right before the sun comes up! Make sure you chum the area good with bread and use cut pieces of shrimp on the Sabiki Jigs.

Anyways, if I were to catch the Smelts I would go to the BELMONT PIER!!!!! Bigger Smelts and easier to catch. There is almost always a school of them around. Besides the Smelts which is MY favorite bait out of everything. There are Salemas which are good for the 20-30 pounders out there, Shinner Perch, Sardines and Herring. You should have no problems getting your bait within an hour from the pier.

Good luck.
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]coool! i want to finally get me some live bait! i want the smelt for those big flatties! ill see you there kiyo![/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
WHat are Salemas???

Aaron
[signature]
Kiyo,

If they do have it in the bay, where is it going to be at, like exact location? Also what is the fee and JP, and what is the target going to be this time, halibut still right?

Big and small kill em all

Aaron
[signature]
TubinAaron,

The cost is $20.00 for the tournament $5.00 optional for Big Fish side Jackpot. Here are the rules.

[font "Courier"][#ffffff][size 4] [/size][/#ffffff][/font] 1).you must have a valid Ca. Fishing license.
2). (DFG) rules must be followed.
3). FLOAT TUBES/KICKBOATS ONLY
4). There will be no kinds of wind sails allowed.
5). You must land your own fish. You can however get out of the water to try to land a fish, but you must first hook up to it by craft in the water. This is due to the HUGE HALIBUTS in the water.
6). Safety is a must. You must wear a Coast Guard approved personal floatation device.
7). For night time events, a running light is also required.
8). All competitors will launch in and out of the same designated weigh in location.
9). At weigh in time, you must be ready to weigh your fish. Every 5 minutes your late will cost you 5oz. WHICH MEANS 1 0Z. A MINUTE!!
10). Fishing after the designated weigh in time is strictly prohibited.
11). You can use Live baits and artificials (anything thats OK with the DFG.
12). You can use (2) rods at one time.
13). All fish except for Halibuts must be kept in a live bag. If the fish is too large for the livewell you can use a stringer.
14). We strongly recommend CATCH AND RELEASE of all
Bass and Croakers but we will not penalize if you keep them.
15). You can bring your own Live Baits to fish with at the tournaments. ( Such as LIVE: Smelt, Anchovies, Sardines, Herrings, Ghostshrimp, Bloodworms, etc. You may also use Frozen Anchovies or Frozen Squid )
16). The limit of fish per competitor will be eight (8) with no more than five (5) of any one species.
17). The only fish that will be accepted will be: a).Halibut, has to be 22" or bigger
b). Calico, Sand and Spotted bay Bass, has to be 12" or bigger.
c). Yellowfin Croaker and Corbina, in these tournaments have to be 12" or bigger.
d). White Sea Bass, has to be 28" or bigger.
e). Barracuda has to be 28" or bigger, NO OTHER FISH WILL BE ACCEPTED!
18). all competitors shall be on their best behavior and show good sportsmanship.
19). Any competitor violating the rules and regulations will be highly discouraged and may be reason for disqualification from the tournament, as well as being banned from future tournaments.
20). EVERYONE should know the size limits and amount limits for each fish they keep. If ANYONE brings in a fish that is too small for California DFG Rules, they will be automatically DISQUALIFIED.
21). If a tie in weight were to occur, winner will be the one with the heaviest fish. If they are tied again after this we will flip a coin.
22). Remember to have fun and enjoy a relaxing day of Float tube Fishing, and remember it's only a game.
23). All fishing crafts must stay inside the Bay.
24). All fishing crafts must launch from tournament location,

25). An air horn will go off when the tournament has only 30 minutes left.

26. If nobody catches a legal fish the tournament pot and the big fish pot will be voted to go into the next tournament by all who contested. If ANYONE wants their money back, everyone will recieve theirs also. But if EVERYONE agree's to keep it in for the next tournament, EVERYONE would have to pay as a new contestant in the week following.

27. Kickboats with Oars WILL be allowed. They can use their Oars and or fins.
28. The "Baytuber of the year" will be the one with the most wins for 2002. And will recieve a Baytuber package full of great gear and tackle. (As we get more sponsors, we will make a list of everything that's in the package, so you won't be guessing)

29. You can get out of the water to walk back to the weigh in location to make it on time. You can't get out and drive or get a ride to another location.
Anything that floats tournaments will have the rules above plus some below. 30. No Sails, motors or pedals of any kind allowed in tournaments. 31. kayaks are allowed to have livewells on their yaks. 32. Drift shutes are allowed. There will be a 20% fee from the pot (Not Big Fish money) for upkeep of the site. (Mainly for the tournament director so we can throw these tournaments) Hope some of you can make it!
[signature]
THanks Kiyo

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!!!!![cool]

Aaron
[signature]
Aaron,

Let me know who is in and I'll sign you up.

Good luck! and have fun!
[signature]
So its on Saturday right? Also what are salema's?

I dont know about this weekend but mayb next. I think Im goin to hit up a new area, over past the 2nd street bridge at that ohter bay that is connected to the 2nd street bridge bay, I think Im goin to drift all through the canal where the boats are and end up at Mothers Beach where we normally start off at.

Big and small kill em all

Aaron
[signature]
SALEMA (Xenistius californiensis) Salema are often seen in large schools milling over and among rocks, in the kelp, around docks and piers from Monterey Bay to Peru. Growing up to 10 inches in length, they have six to eight orange-brown stripes running down their blue-green body. Their upturned mouth is ideally suited for plankton feeding. Juveniles are usually found in late summer and usually feed on amphipod crustaceans.
[url "http://www.karenanneharvey.com/images3/Afishcalledsalema.gif"][Image: Afishcalledsalema.gif][/url]
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]i'll try to make it becuz i might not have the money..[Sad] i want to go but i'll see. thanks for posting the rules! later[/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
Ya ,

i dont think Ill have the money either, so im just going to fish the bay

Latr,

Aaron
[signature]