Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last bass of the year
Hit my wintertime bass fishing spot. Air temp was 19* when I got there, 24* when I left about 6 hours later. Water temp. was roughly 70*? which means warm toes, cold hands. Couldn't find anything that would consistantly catch fish so I played with my toys and ended up doing pretty good. I only had one that was worth bragging rights and, you guessed it, it got away. Awesome tail dance but unfortunately he threw my jig.
I had the trusty toon, my fly 'pole', baitcasting, and spinning rod. Caught fish on all three but the fly pole was the most fun.
[inline "Blue Lake 12-15-07 - 400.jpg"]
[signature]
Don't make it your last bass of this year...

I'm heading out for Jordanelle now let you know how I do....
[signature]
I wish I could get out to the 'nelle before the end of the year but I just got transferred to a new job and with Christmas coming I'm strapped for time. I would like to learn how you manage to catch those lethargic smallies. Do you have your 'spots' or are you searching and picking them up on sonar?
[signature]
Sonar your eyes in the water...

Some days I my be looking for over an hour before I drop a lure ....

If I don't see them I'm not fishing them, most come from 20' to 60' of water + I like to watch my lure as it goes down to them and see when they take it....
[signature]
Nice Fish!
[signature]
Super respectable winter LMB [Wink]

-ABT
[signature]