Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2008 Proclimation
2008 Proclimation [url "http://www.wildlife.utah.gov/proclamations/2008_fishing/2008_fishing.pdf"]Click Here[/url]
[signature]
Waaay too much info., hard to keep something on the lowdown in this state. 'nuff said.
[signature]
I totally agree with F4F. Why do these guys feel the need to advertise our state in such a way? Oh I know..they want more and more people coming in and spending more and more on licenses and such.

I'm not trying to play the bad guy here...but enough is enough already. They throw out terms like 'blue ribbon waters' and name many of our waters as 'hotspots'. Now I realize that it takes revenue to make our F&G areas that much better, but only a blind man will see that the more these places get advertised, and increased pressure year after year, will only make Utah's Fishing second rate. Many Utah residents flock to Idaho or Wyoming because of this problem, and guess what folks- it's only going to get worse for us.

One day we will wonder where all the big healthy fish disappeared to, and I'm afraid that's a trend that's already irreversable, thanks in part to these advertisers who help make up these Procs.
[signature]
Thanks Jason for posting that link. Looks like those rebuilt hatcherys are going to be cranking out some tiger trout this coming year. Should be a good one.
[signature]