Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State parks pass!!!
Most of you have probably caught on to the idea that you can buy a state parks season pass and pay for it in 8 trips to the lakes. Just wanted to hopefully give a tip to other anglers that it is a great way to save money instead of having to dish out $9 every time you go past that little shack at the entry to every state park. I dont know how much they are this year, mine doesnt expire until july, but the are around $70-$75 and can be purchased at the state park of your choosing!!
[signature]
Wow! They went up. Just two years ago they were $60. Good to know. Thanks PK.
[signature]
The good news now is they do not expire on dec 31st anymore, they expire the last day of the month indicated on the pass. SO instead of buying one in May and having it expire in 8 mnths, they go for a full year.
[signature]
Just bought mine and it was $70 with no tax. It's worth it just for not having the hassle of stopping and stuffing and filling out the little envelopes. Where the heck are they charging a $9 entrance fee?. All the parks I go to are $5. I figure it cost me about $1.50 a trip last year. I wish it included a camping discount for the cost though. Just my $.02

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]When I am going fishing, freequently I'm going throught the gate at 5:00 in the morning an no one is in the shack. So I used to have to fidle-fart around with a form/envelope/money/stickers etc. And when I arrive at a site, I have NO patience with paper work. Just want to be left alone and get out on the water. Avoiding all the crap at the shack alone is worth the annual pass! Now, if I could only find a way around the long pay-shack lines on busy days.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]P.S. You can save $5 or 10 if you buy your pass in January of each year.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I know Jordanelle and Willard are $9
[signature]
Willard Bay, Jordanelle, and Quail Creek are all $9. I've heard that some others are, but don't know which.
[signature]
I have another theory Coot. You can save $5 if you buy the pass in January. However, each pass is good till the end of the month you buy it in. Last year I bought my pass the first of March. Didn't have to get this years pass till the first of April. Next year it will be the first of May. I'm getting a free month every year. $70/12 months = $5.83/ month. Boy, am I a cheap sucker LMAO.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
I'm a little ignorant. Are these passes good at any state park ramp???? If I had one I could use it at Provo, Deer Creek, and Jordenelle?

ES

p.s. Will be at Lindon BH later this afternoon for an hour or so (3:30-5). I'll be the geek with the spinning outfit and fly-rod.
[signature]
That is correct Emu, you can see the list of state parks that the pass is valid for at the Utah State Parks website. I was planning on getting one when I went to Willard on April 1, but nobody was in the booth, so I emailed someone at State Parks, and they are going to give me $9 credit if I purchase the annual pass at the State Parks office downtown. FYI, ... if you are 62 years old, you can get a "Fun Pass" that works exactly like the annual pass, and it's free!!
[signature]
62 huh? 30 down, 32 to go! Thats a lot of fishing left between now and then [Wink]!

ES
[signature]
Utah Lake State Park is $9.00.

Lindon Harbor well it is a private harbor that does not honor state park pass, if you come in with a boat it is $5.00 but without a boat, you can drive in for $2.00.

American Fork Harbor is private too therefore do not honor the state park pass, it cost 8 dollars to get in with the boat. But not sure how much without the boat.

Saratoga Harbor is free if you buy a house in that area.[crazy] You might get in if you have friends in there.

Yuba is $9.00 with the state park pass

All Utah state parks within Utah will accept the Annual pass. Think about it, if you want to go on a vacation to any state park, you have a advantage.

It's savings after 8 or 9 times!

By the way I've never seen anybody catch fish with a fly rod at Lindon Harbor. I'll be interested in hearing how you do.
[signature]
Last summer I was playing with bluegills in the ponds right next to Lindon. Great fun on a fly-rod! I was using a little bluegill fly and I saw it dissapear. The next thing I know, my rod was almost bent in half! Turned out to be a 16" bucketmouth! It defitnally got my heart pumping something fierce. I haven't seen much of anything in those ponds lately. Rumor had it that sometime last summer some bleep-ba-de-bleep-bleep dumped clorox into the water[mad] and killed most of what was in there.

I usally try to locate fish with jigs and such and then throw flies into that area. I WILL get something this year out of Utah Lake on the old long pole. I'll try to post a report later today or tomorrow.

ES
[signature]
Hey Mr. Scud, try a little pink shrimp imitation. Itook a buddy to the second warm spring at Lincoln beach and he caught dozens of gills, a few crappie and a couple LMB with a long pole and that tiny pink scud. He had a ball. But, every now and then, he had to put a tiny chunk of crawler on to flavor it up a bit. I made fun of him cuz he always threw the bait off before the hook ever hit the water. But the flavor would last long enough to catch a few fish.
Now, what was the subject of this thread?,,,,Oh!! Park passes. Sure, everyone should have one. Deer Creek is 9.00 during summer also. And if you buy one after the 20th day of the month, you can talk most rangers into punching the next month. Just another way to get an extra month for free.
In six more years, I figure I'll gain a year, free. I'm up to April now and started in Jan. two years ago.
Guess I'm cheap too. Oh well.

walleyebob
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up. I hate paying the fee everytime I go and that is usually what keeps me from going.

Take a Kid Fishing !!!
[signature]
Great info on the pass - thanks!
[signature]
I work at the Lindon Boat Harbor ... The nasty rumor of clorox is not true. There are several monster bass in both ponds and tons of 8 to 10 inch bluegills. These ponds are catch & release only. Flyrods work great during certain times of the day. Evenings and mornings.
[signature]