Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Global warming?
[cool][font "Pristina"][green][size 4]Below are two pictures I took of the same area of the Teton Mountains from Moran, WY. The top picture was taken in July 2004 while the bottom was taken in August 2006. Note the build up of glacial ice in the 06 picture. According to Al Gore that shouldn't be happening. The red lines are pointing at the same landmarks.[/size][/green][/font]

[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=32052;][/center]
[signature]
ya cant realy go by the agust thing, in agust it is already turning cold in the higher altitudes.. mater of fact by the third week of agust we have had to grab winter coats in south eastern michigan some years, then again I have seen years when we had snow in south east michigan on the 4th of july a couple times in the last 50 years...

whe it starts to freeze again, it will litterly come over night... I have seen the tempritures drop 100 degrees here at my house in less than 18 hours.. When I say it changed so fast I mean you could litteraly see the thermomiter drop.

It went from 60 degrees in the morning to -40 degrees befor midnight. and if ya want to count the wind chill factor, it went down to - 60 degrees..

Thats a year I will never forget, I had no heat in the house that winter... took me three days to get the door opened so I could get out... I had a few candles I lit under some pots to take the bite out the cold.. every thing in the house was frosted over...

sure felt like the ice age was a commin back...

the proof that ice ages come over night came from fossils and receeding glasiers. mamoth bones near the serface of the ground shows that they were deposited after the glaciers receeded from my area, and in asia mamoths were found intact in a glacier as it was receeding...

MAMMOTH FOUND IN GLACIER.; May Figure at the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition.
Special to The New York Times.
April 13, 1907, Saturday
Page 1, 201 words
TACOMA, Washington, April 12. -- A mammoth, one of the giant elephants that roamed North America thousands of years ago, probably will be one of the exhibits at the Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition. It will be brought down from its present resting place in the pristine blue ice of an Alaskan glacier, left here during the Alaskan fair and then taken to a large Eastern museum.

[#bf0000]What on earth was an eliphant doing in alaska? must have been fairly worm up there at one time...[/#bf0000]

[center][url "http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3706/840/1600/mn_airman_ph01.jpg"][Image: mn_airman_ph01.jpg][/url][/center]

[center] [/center]

[url "http://www.kirotv.com/news/5131009/detail.html#"][#c50000]They believe they have found a WWII airman frozen, still wearing his unopened parachute.[/#c50000]
[/url]
Wooly Mammoth...Only 50 of these prehistoric beasts have been found, and only 12 have been the entire body. In 1997, an entire mummified Woolly Mammoth was found in Siberian ice. It was removed in October 1999 to a frigid, underground cave where it has been carefully studied.
[Image: 1101_Wooly.jpg]
[#bf0000]this one I did not know about, I knew about the ones found decades earlier and the bones found just down the road a mile from my house and a new one found this past summer in rodchester 25 miles north east of my house..[/#bf0000]

Oetzi, the original Iceman...He was discovered in the Italian Alps back in 1991. Oetzi was wearing goatskin boots and a grass cape. They also found him with a copper-headed axe and quiver full of arrows. Scientists believe Oetzi was in combat before he died. He had an arrow wound in his shoulder and a wound on his hand.
[Image: oetzi1003.jpg]
[#bf0000]this dude out for a summer stroll gets caught in a winter that lasts for several thousand years..[/#bf0000]

"Little Baby"...Celine Dion and hubby Rene used in vitro fertilization to conceive their first child, Rene Charles. Doctors were actually able to fertilize TWO embryos, and Celine has kept the remaining embryo frozen. She plans on defrosting Rene's brother soon. "We have a little baby waiting for us," she said. "I don't know if it's good forever but I think it lasts for a very long time. I'll go get it, that's for sure."

[#bf0000]Ok, so they are not identical twins, but twins just the same, but to be borne years apart, even decades, I can see it now, little old lady walks in to a bar with a scrapping young man and introduces him as her twin brother[/#bf0000]..[shocked]

[center][#bf0060][size 4]this is a must reed for those who are intrested in ice ages and melt downs...[/size][/#bf0060][/center]

[url "http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/mammoths.html"]http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/mammoths.html[/url]
[signature]
one of the things not included in his perseption is the posibility of the earth rolling over, meaning that it is vary well posible that the north pole could one day be found in siberia and we here in michigan will find our selves living on the equater...

if you think about it, it is a good posibility, permaforst are retreating in north america and advancing in siberia... Could be [crazy]

no it wont happen over night, at least we hope not..

but emagine finding a space craft in the ice of antartica like seen in the animated film "Ice Age"...[Tongue]
[signature]
still looking at mamoths, I see a new one was found in may of this year, it was named "Lyuba" after the wife of a reindeer hearder who found it...

LOL, how do you take that? an wooly eliphant named after your wife, I mean what dose that say about the mans wife?[sly] Just kidding, couldnt resist... How many times do you see an eliphant named after some one's wife...[laugh]

any way, it is kind of exciting news, cant wait for the report.... I just love burried treasures...

[url "http://asia.news.yahoo.com/070706/kyodo/d8q6rc180.html"]http://asia.news.yahoo.com/070706/kyodo/d8q6rc180.html[/url]
[signature]
Mammoth remains have been found in Europe, Africa, Asia, and North America. They are believed to have originally evolved in North Africa about 4.8 million years ago.

Recently, scientist discovery a 10,000 year old baby mammoth encased in a layer of permafrost near the Yuribei River in Russia.

Scientists are hoping that the animal’s D.N.A. can be used to resurrect extinct members of the elephant family through the process of cloning. [center]click on to play vidio ->[url "http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=59930&newsChannel=scienceNews"][Image: fr_3ea2a36b10ae76007b1474e78b437870f4ba1065.jpg][/url][/center]
[center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=32073;][/center] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=32074;][/center] [center]
[font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font]
MOSCOW (Reuters) - The discovery of a baby mammoth preserved in the Russian permafrost gives researchers their best chance yet to build a genetic map of a species extinct since the Ice Age, a Russian scientist said on Wednesday.
"It's a lovely little baby mammoth indeed, found in perfect condition," said Alexei Tikhonov, deputy director of the Russian Academy of Science's Zoological Institute, which has been taking care of the mammoth since it was uncovered in May.
"This specimen may provide unique material allowing us to ultimately decipher the genetic makeup of the mammoth," he told Reuters by telephone.
The mammoth, a female who died at the age of six months, was named "Lyuba" after the wife of reindeer breeder and hunter Yuri Khudi who found her in Russia's Arctic Yamalo-Nenetsk region.
She had been lying in the frozen ground for up to 40,000 years, said Tikhonov.
The hunter initially thought the mammoth was a dead reindeer when he spotted parts of her body sticking out of damp snow.
When he realized it was a mammoth, scientists were called in and transported the body to regional capital Salekhard, where she is now being kept in a special refrigerator.

Weighing 50 kg (110 lb), and measuring 85 centimeters high and 130 centimeters from trunk to tail, Lyuba is roughly the same size as a large dog.
Tikhonov said the fact the mammoth was so remarkably well-preserved -- its shaggy coat was gone but otherwise it looked as though it had only recently died -- meant it was a potential treasure trove for scientists.
"Such a unique skin condition protects all the internal organs from modern microbes and micro-organisms ... In terms of its future genetic, molecular and microbiological studies, this is just an unprecedented specimen."
But Tikhonov dismissed suggestions the mammoth could be cloned and used to breed a live mammoth. Cloning can only be done if whole cells are intact, but the freezing conditions will have caused the cells to burst, he Tikhonov.
Tikhonov said the next stop on Lyuba's odyssey would be the Zoological Museum in Russia's second city of St Petersburg.
There, Lyuba will join a male baby mammoth called Dima who was unearthed in Magadan in Russia's Far East in 1977 and until now was Russia's best-known example of the species.
"They will make a nice couple, both roughly aged 40,000 years," Tikhonov said.
From St Petersburg, Lyuba will go to Jikei University in Japan to undergo three-dimensional computer mapping of her body. The mammoth will then return to St Petersburg for an autopsy before being put on display in Salekhard.
[/center]
[signature]
If they can clone a Mammoth, there would be hope for all the species that are extinct. I'm sure it's in the near future as well.
[signature]
would be interesting.

from what I understand about it, they have to use a live eliphant and trick on and trick off some dna code.

I dont think they will bring them back to walk around, they aint hardly enough room for a moose to walk around let alone a packederm... I just wonder if it will become breeding stock or will it have the properties of a mule...

well, as we know all the biological rejects like the duck billed platipuss go to Ausie country.. makes me wonder if we did this at least once before..[crazy]
[signature]
I don't know about the cloning thing. The way I see it, if mother nature wanted something cloned, she'd do it herself. Personally, I don't want to tick off mother nature. If she's anything like my wife, i'd rather just leave well enough alone. LOL [unimpressed]
[signature]