Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Reports on Yuba
Just wondering if anyone knew of conditions(ice or open water)at Yuba. Was thinking about trying it but still have to fill some elk tags first. Thanks and Happy Holidays
last thing i heard on yuba was ice on south end in the shalows all the way up to the first bay before panted rock.. not to suprizeing that water around there is only about 10 feet deep.. there was ice around the edges and in some of the coves.. that was all a week ago. so hard to say where it's at now.. [unsure] i'm going to find out one way or a nother here real soon tho.. not sure i'll post the first time's or not but i'll give ice report to anyone who wants one.. stay tooned [sly].
[signature]
Merry Christmas fuzzy. You better PM me a report of Yuba after you go. I want to plan a trip for early January. PM me if you want to keep ot on the down low.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Oh, you big tease.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'm afraid we will have to wait for a good freeze in the main lake over deeper water. I tubed it last month and could not find any fish shallower than 30 feet...with most in water 45 feet or deeper. I have heard similar reports from a couple of guys who have boated it recently. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The good news is that with all the snow/water we have been getting, the lake is likely to be up enough for a good spring spawn. In fact, it should be rising right now. I have seen it spill as early as February during big water winters. (See attached pic)[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I plan on ice fishing it on the 1 of January on about 2" to 3" of ice ....[crazy][shocked]
[signature]
Nice pic, where is that at ??
chuck
[signature]
That looks like an old school pic of the Yuba spillway.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]As has already been identified...it is the Yuba dam spillway...picture taken in the GOOD OL' DAYS, when we could still fish down there. I used to have some fantastic fishing for walleyes, pike and trout down there. Also caught smallmouth, catfish, perch and some huge suckers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here are a couple more pics from that trip/era.[/#0000ff]
[signature]